WTT/sell Beulah 4pc 5wt guide series for TFO TiCr-X 9' 9wt or equivalent

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by LyNcH, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LyNcH

LyNcH Steelhead Junkie

I have Beulah's newly designed 4 piece (w/xtra tip) 9', 5wt rod that I have used only 3 or 4 times. I have too many trout rods and am in need of a new/near new fast action 9wt saltwater rod. The TiCr-X rod falls in the same price range ($40 less).

Or.....if anyone is interested in buying the Beulah rod, I'll let it got for $200 plus shipping.

http://www.beulahflyrods.com/products/guideseriesrods/guideseries5wt.php

I can take pictures of the Beulah and post them later today.

2. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

I have the rod you want but don't need any more trout rods, either. You have anything else to swap?

3. arrow1347

arrow1347 big steelhead on a leach

orvis, boron/graphite, power/flex series 9ft 9wt factory sock& tube with removable fighting butt. like new.

4. LyNcH

LyNcH Steelhead Junkie

Possible deal happening. Thanks Arrow for the offer but I'm not intersted in that particular rod. Steve, although I don't have anything else to offer, if you are looking to sell, send me a PM with the details.

Thanks, Eric

5. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

As much as it pains me, I have too many rods. This one I will sell for $150 + $15 for shipping. It comes with sock only, no tube and as I said, the cork is slightly soiled but not badly. I couldn't find any other wear or scratches on it. It's been used only a few times.

6. LyNcH

LyNcH Steelhead Junkie

Thanks Steve, I'll get back to you once I sell the Beulah.

Here are a few pictures of the rod for anyone else interested. Not sure if the offer I received will pan out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. greenriver

greenriver Member

Would you please compare the action of this Beulah to a rod in the Sage line up that I might be more familiar with? thanks

8. LyNcH

LyNcH Steelhead Junkie

I wish I could. The only sage rods I have are switch and spey rods and a new 99 series I just purchased, but haven't tried for more than 5 minutes.

The action is a medium-fast action. I used to have an Orvis tip flex 9.5 rod & the Orvis was much faster than this rod. I bought this rod so I could slow my cast down a bit. I also have the Guide series rod in 4wt and love it, and use it much more (we have small stocked trout here in upstate NY), that's why I'm selling the 5wt. Using an Orvis Gen3 WF5F line on the 5wt, it smoothly casts a dry fly a very long distance with delicacy and accuracy. I tied dropper nymphs on the dry and the rod has perfect flex to open the loop up and cast tangle free everytime. I love the rod, but I need a saltwater rod and this is the least used in my closet full of graphite.

PS - I'll also cover the shipping charges to the lower 48 states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.