WTT/WTB - Bauer M3 or M4SL for an M4

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by esoxesox, Oct 4, 2006.

1. esoxesox New Member

Duluth, MN
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hey Guys,

Been a fly on the wall for a while since I don't have too many reports for NW fishing. If you want a Wisconsin Brule River report though...

I am looking for a Bauer M3 or M4SL to hang on a 796 XP. I have an M4 now but it is a little heavier than I like for this rod. Give me a shout if you've got one you would like to sell or would like to swap up to a larger size.

Thanks,
    Scot
    esoxesox at hotmail.com
  2. Peter Pancho Active Member

Gig Harbor,WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    make sure you get a reel with the new updated glues that hold the cork to the frame.
    I've heard of alot of shops dropping the Bauer line due to they would not fix the "cork glue" problem, hope they resolved this. Good luck!
  3. esoxesox New Member

Duluth, MN
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thanks for the warning. I've got a few of the Bauer reels already so there is a little redundancy in the back of my truck at all times just in case one goes down. No problems yet though! A friend of mine did have problems with the space between the frame and the spool. Bauer treated him well in resolving the problem.
  4. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +46 / 0

Bauer, when first introduced YEARS ago, way before the advent of the SL series, had some problems with the adhesive not holding the cork. That was a relatively short term issue and promptly fixed. If you happen to run in to one of the older Bauer reels that have that problem, Bauer will fix it without any issues.

Been there done, that. :thumb: