Wynoochee

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by edgerat, Dec 20, 2009.

1. edgerat New Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Saw the "nooch" for the first time today and didn't see much of it. What I did see didn't look too spey-friendly. Can you spey fish the Wynoochee?
    Thanks!
    isaac
  2. Mel King Member

rainier,wash
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I spey fished it a lot but you'll have to pick some spots,get there early and stay with it.I always floated it so I found some good walk-in spots.If you have a small pontoon there are some great slots on the other side of the river that once across you could fish all day. If you don't float,do your foot work!
  3. edgerat New Member

Olympia, WA
    would I be spat upon if I fished it out of a sled?
  4. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    ummmm.
    you could throw a stone across the Nooch.
  5. edgerat New Member

Olympia, WA
    you could just about throw a plastic bag across it :) I am too big of a wussy to single-hand it!
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    I've fished it from my friends drift boat (to access spots on the bank). I've floated it in my pontoon and cast a single hander. Use whatever tools you have and be happy to be out fishing. Let us know how you did.
  7. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,617 / 0
    Edgerat,

I haven't done well at all on the 'Nooch, but my impression is that most of the prime holding water is covered better by nymphing rather than by swinging. Drift a fly under a bobbercater along a piece of the ledgerock where the fish hang. Others have told me that's the ticket.

Sg