Wyoming

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Chris Bellows, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Media:
    Got to spend a day fishing one of my favorite trout rivers. It involves both a long day of walking(10-11 miles) and fishing.

The temperature at sunrise was a bit chilly for the last week of July.​

[​IMG]

The hike followed the river downstream through pine beetle killed forests and canyon stretches.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Since a hike is involved you can imagine the lack of people. I was actually disappointed when I saw a car parked at the trailhead. No worries as I walked by their campsite about two miles in. I wanted to hike all the way in and fish my way back but good looking water was too hard to pass up. This fish was the first of many that were more than happy to attack a rubber-legged stimulator. ​
    [​IMG]
    Most were browns with a couple rainbows mixed in. I had never hooked any rainbows fishing here about four years ago so I was pleased to see their numbers improving. ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A great day fishing miles of pocket water with a big dry fly. Trout fishing heaven in my eyes. The largest fish of the day broke me off in the last hole of the day. I reeled up and started the stroll back to the trailhead. The temperature had risen all day and the hike out felt more like summer than the morning. The temperature gauge showed a more normal July temp.​
    [​IMG]

Matt Baerwalde likes this.
  2. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

Media:
    Quintessential Wyo right there. Thanks for sharing.

3. tediousthumper

tediousthumper Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin

Media:
    Curious, Which part of Wyoming? NIce report thank you.