Xstream Angler Is Soon To Be Famous

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by mat1226, Mar 5, 2003.

1. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

Hi Scott,

I think that is your name. Saw one of your pictures that you have posted here and saw the artlicle on Q 13. Congratulations and how about giving us more details. ESPN way to go!!!

If I got it wrong I apologize.

Mark

2. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

Media:
  3. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

Thanks CWU,

That site will require some time. It was pretty neat last night just minding my own business watching the news when they give you a teaser on an article after the break about a fly fisherman.

They feature this guy who used to always check their weather report before he went out. They lead him in with how he decided to send in a pic of a fish instead of the cats and dogs that people send. Show him tying some flies in one of his rooms at home and some film playing some fish from around the area, casting here and there. Interviewing him etc.

Then they begin to show other pictues that he kept sending in and I recognized one he sent in a while back to this site.

We all saw it. It was the beautiful brown trout held gently just barely out of the water with the stream and valley falling fairly sharply away in the background. Everyone wanted to know where it was. I think he said just that it was in WA.

It is very similar to the one on his home page but from the opposite direction.

Anyway it was pretty fun to see someone from the forum on TV and now learn what he has accomplished.

Don't know about you but I feel kind of proud knowing him from Chris' website first.

Nice to meet you Scot and way to go.

Mark

4. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  5. Sparse Grey Hackle

Sparse Grey Hackle Member

Media:
    Check it out....

Maybe one day we'll watch you on OLN at 2:00 AM and watch you take a huge brown and we'll say, "That's totally a set-up! They starved those fish and had him fish a controlled atmosphere! I know that Kuchta guy and he told me who it works..", and then we'll throw popcorn at the TV like we always do when watching OLN.:7

All jokes aside, That is just awesome! And who says that there isn't good stuff on the news? Scot, thumbs up. Thumbs way up! :thumb

Sparse

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
    (Sir Izaak Walton)

6. XstreamAngler

XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Media:
    Home Page:
    Guten Tag WFF Crew! Albeit in my humble fashion, it is true that my years of effort, exploration, photographing and running from private land owners, have brought me to this. In the works are the publication of "22,000 Miles of trout", Some ESPN exposure, Some Fox Sports NW exposure and a few other thingies. You have to know that this is the result of many of years being told "no", "no", "no" and "You have got to be insane". Always one to strive beyond that those people drove me to THIS. What the vibe is, in short form is as follows: I don't know about all of you, but what you see in today's FF Television to me is enough to put me to sleep, It bores the hell out of me. There are big fish out there, nice fish, cool people and other stuff I would like to see, so I set out to document this. The cuss words will be bleeped, The beer cans will be blurred and the "Girls gone wild" type of shots will be all MINE! I still get amazed at what people do with a camera on them! With that, I have set out to log 30,000 miles, film and document every expedition from start to finish and show all what a trout bum is all about. Not that all of you are NOT trout bums, I just have a severe sickness of troutfluenza. I have to give much love to all of ya'll as I consider WFF my E-base, the information, Chris's easy use of his site for water, weather and crap. So I fully intend to do more WFF trips and gatherings as I feel everybody has a story, a fish story or something interesting to tell. So, look for myself, my tried and true partner in crime "Peter The Nymph", a true girlie man mind you! We will be out and about, I will be out and about, most likely buzzed in some way or another but come on!
    So, fish on, fish hard and most important, FISH! Ya'll are one hell of a group of fly tossers, give yourself's a hand!
    Now, where is my beer?
    SAK
    Xstream
    }(

7. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Media:
    Home Page:
    Sak,

So dope dude. So dope.

Mac:thumb :thumb :thumb

8. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Big Props to Xstream! I think we, or should I say Chris, need to supply the Xstream team guys with a WFF.com hat or patch so when he's on ESPN he can pimp out this website to the world! Ha! Have a beer for me! kudo's!YT :smokin

9. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Media:
    Home Page:
    SAK, I have to agree about the TV stuff, it's a form of anesthesia. I was sitting there one saturday morning many years ago, watching Jose hauling on a tarpon with some bikini clad nymph,(no, it was not Peter!), dangling around behind him on the boat. I began wondering what the hell I was doing, sitting there watching him, watching everybody else do all the fishing. That's when I began living in my car back on the east coast, up to nine months a year, and chasing fish all over the atlantic beaches, rivers lakes etc.
    Screw the tv shows. Have your own show!
    And so you did and now you have...
    my hat's off to you.
    Don't expect me to watch though...
    I'll be out fishing.

10. XstreamAngler

XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Media:
    Home Page:
    Man, ya'll are just far to kind in credit and words! Trust me that I think what I do is so not interesting at all! I flyfish! However, it is in my nature to NOT settle, hell if I could I would do so many other worthy things in life, I just have the attention span of a toddler thats all. So why not try to turn the flyfishing media world upside down? I have the resources to do such and my attention span gets to about 10th grade level with a flyrod in hand. So, that is that. I must say, that Q13 story was good for media, however it fails to show the struggles, the heartache and all the damn hard work that goes into something like this. Am I lucky? Hell yes I am! Am I thankful every day? Hell yes! What will become of all of this? I have no damn clue!:beathead
    So, again, thanks for all the kind and motivated thoughts, it sure does help a guy think he may very well be onto something!
    Now, where did those beers go?
    SAK
    Xstream
    :smokin

11. Nailknot

Nailknot Active Member

Media:
    Count me in as a mission supporter Xstream (even if your handle is a bit silly ;) )Bungie! Kidding. Hard work and struggles, welcome to the club, and great work.

When can we see your work on the boob tube? Please post times... the footy on the Q looked great! The beers are riverside bro :)