Yakima March Brown wet old & new

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Davy, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Davy

Davy Active Member

This time of year in years past we often encountered massive March Brown hatches in some of the flats of the back channels in the middle river. :) :cool:

Probably not this year with the low water as the channels are totally or darn near dry beds. :( :( :(

During the hatches the trout would darn near be feeding right up at your knees for these little sailboats- jumpin threw your legs, etc, quite exciting to be sure. Often these hatches would last upwards of two-three hours back then. :cool: :p :cool: :thumb:

Remember Mike? :rofl: :rofl:

:ray1: It was during these times I always preferred fishing the wet fly as I didn't have to worry about re-floating it or anything after a fish- just throw it out there and let it swing . The fish would take the wet just as readily as the dry, infact , I felt it was more effective than the dry.

This is the wet pattern I fished mostly and a "new" exciting pattern just developed with Sinktip in mind. :thumb:

Thread, claret 6/0
    Hook- TMC 2302 or other #12,14
    Rib- gold oval small
    body is medium ginger antron
    Wing, mottled turkey
    Throat- woodduck or similar

****New pattern- same as old - except- JC wing and Jungle fowl saddle hackle collar tyed back.*****

Attached Files:

2. Sinktip

Sinktip Monty

Flies like that one put a smile on my face. :D :D A little JC twist puts a whole new look to a great fly and for me it is more about doing fun stuff like that with tying to change it up a little bit. Davy that is some funny cheet man!! :thumb:

Monty