Yakima Red's to Roza Sunday, join me?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jim Speaker, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    I'll be floating from Red's to Roza tomorrow in my one-man pontoon boat. Anyone care to join me? We could do a shuttle, and hit some bows on skwalas. I called a little bit ago and they said the adults are starting to show.

2. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Media:
    Jim, what time are you thinking and how long a day is that float? I've been thinking of posting on here to see if someone wanted to try shuttling the Yak. I've never done it other than down here in the Tri Cities.

3. Jim Speaker

Home Page:
    Atomic, flows are about 3000 right now. Spoke to a guide at Red's this evening and he said he's been doing this float from 10 am to 4 pm, with a stop for lunch. So, with the flows as they are, and given that we'd have to pick our spots more than in a drift boat, it's probably about the same. When flows are lower going to Roza is a pain, because the last bit has to be rowed. Right now, not the case. 3000, by the way, is not bad at all. That whole area becomes a good wade fishery at about 1400.

[​IMG]
    USGS/USBR Stream Flow Gauge:
    YAKIMA RIVER AT UMTANUM, WA

Anyways, I plan on launch at 10 am. Interested? Send me a PM if you are, I'll send you my phone number.

4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Where you been hiding at Jim. I haven't heard from you in a long time now.

5. Jim Speaker

Home Page:

Eh, I've always been kinda sporadic in the forums. I'll have months of posting activity, and then get busy with other stuff and disappear for awhile.

I've been fishing quite a bit. Also, working on my www.smarttripmap.com website, new blog website, my regular day job at Getty Images, working on a website for an Alaska lodge owner (for trade, free trip to AK again...) - just busy these days! But, still making time to fish quite a bit.

How you been?

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I get out several times a week Got me a small Brownie the other day on the Beaverhead. I just clicked on your smarttripmap and the Manastash(sp) road came up. I've had some good luck on that creek.

7. Jim Speaker

Home Page:
    Nice! Glad you're getting out there!

I love the Beaverhead... I could go for some of those browns. You sure picked one heck of an area to move to... Maybe next fall I'll be out that way again.