Yakima report

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Monte Blackburn, May 17, 2006.

1. Monte Blackburn

Monte Blackburn Wenatchee Valley Fly Fishers

Media:
    My wife and I had a guided fish tour on the Yakima yesterday. What an amazing experience! Our guide was Jeff Comella from Worley-Bugger Fly Co. He spent a LOT of time with my wife which was greatly appreciated, soon she was mending her line faster and more effective then I was (which was hard to handle for a little while bawling: .) He cooked us an amazing lunch of steak, scalloped potatoes, salad and garlic toast, which was quite nice for a little barbeque. We both hooked into some nice fish and even a couple of suckers,:rofl: which is not bad considering the river was increasing in volume as we fished (as I am sure you are aware we are in record snow melt times). The volume started the day at about 2700 cfs and ended about 3900 cfs, and we were still into fish. Jeff’s help and guide knowledge was outstanding and made this such a wonderful experience for us. All and all, an exceptional day. Picks will be posted as soon as I get them.:beer2: