Yakima River Clean-Up And BBQ

Discussion in 'Events' started by Bill Dodd, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Yakima River Fly Shop in Cle Elum & Tight Lines Angling.

Yakima River Clean-up, Saturday, November 7

Join us for a fun day of picking up trash along the river and doing a little fishing along the way. We are hoping to get a big group of drift boats and rafts together to clean-up the upper river from above Cle Elum to the diversion dam. We also hope to have a good number of volunteers walking the river banks filling up their complimentry garbage bags.

A big BBQ will follow the clean-up.

Please contact the fly shop to volunteer so we can be well organized. 509/674-2144.

2. I REALLY want to go Bill, I have never floated the upper river, so maybe I should follow you?

3. Connor.
    No big deal at all the flow is around 300 cfs right now.

Sounds like fun though, I hope your feeling better.

Bill.

4. Bill, I've never floated a single piece of the Yak, never waded the Yak, hell I've never even seen the Yak. I will see if I can persuade the misses to let me pencil this into my calendar and follow you and Connor in my one or two man pontoon. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the invite.

5. Mumbles Sounds good or I'm sure we can find you a seat in one of the boats if you like.
    I know a few people with boats who should be going and if you want a seat let me know and I'll see what I can do. Looking forward to meeting you Ed.

Bill.

:thumb:

6. Dangg this sounds way fun id love to go i've never fished the yak but i REALLLY want to i might be able to butt i start college november 1st

7. I will have an open seat it sounds like. Ed, Zack, 10 rounds of bareknuckle boxing. Winner gets my back seat!!!

8. haha ok sounds like a blast!

9. Sorry Zack,

My money's on the fat guy... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. hey hey i've got a little extra on the bones after all it is fall now... ahaha

11. Zack, if Connor is offering it the seat is yours. Now if you insist on the bare knuckles, well hell...

Connor, if I can make it I'll gladly bring my one or two man pontoon. The more people floating in the more crafts allows more hands in more places and more bags o trash to be collected. Just makes sense to me, agree?

12. Ok agreed but its not set in stone that i can attend becuase i have school that week but ill most likely end up coming.

13. Ed, Your right. My step mom can't go because she gets really cold really fast. I feel bad! If Zack can't go, would be open to just save some gas and ride over with my dad?

14. ok good news i start school in december now, so i can go!

15. Cool, I will try to get it set up with my dad...

16. ok ill give you gas money for bringin your boat out too

17. The best part of this is that you get to hang out with Jim.

18. This Event is coming on FAST let make it a big turn out with WFF people.

Bill.

19. Bill, the misses put the smack down. We have two youth birthdays to attend that weekend. I'm not floating anything. Sorry. I do hope to get out that way and meet you and the Hankinsons some time soon.

20. Mumbles.
    Sorry to hear you can't make it out for the Clean-Up, Maybe next time.
    I do look forward to meeting you, Again, anytime you want to float the Yakima let me know and I will set up a trip for you and I or you and I and EasyE.

Talk to you soon.

Bill.