Yakima Summer Stone and/or Terrestial Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by ozcast, Mar 21, 2009.

1. colton rogers

colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

you shouldn't need to consume an attitude adjuster, just get out and fish more:D

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

He is in Washington on the wrong side of the country, 3000 miles from home, sure he is off his game.

3. Kim Ferris

Kim Ferris left-handed sort of way

the world has reversed spin again - back in the right washington. whew. now let's see where those flies are. hello, attitude adjuster.

k

4. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

Anyone feel like tying bugs for this swap!?

5. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Here is a prototype/final product depending on all of your requests so. Legs or no legs? I can whip up 12 of these in no time at all so let me know what you all want and please criticize. The wing is layered natural over olive and the tail is olive also. The second picture I doubled the hackle using grizzly/brown. Please let me know what you all want.

6. Ed Call

Personally Sean, both look great but the rubber legs just might induce that instinctive strike response. I also think that I prefer the doubled hackle collar, but I have no idea if that is a fishing benefit or not. I think those are damn fine looking flies.

7. colton rogers

i like the rubber legs more, but i think a little darker leg would be better, both look bad ass:D

8. ozcast

ozcast Member

legs. very nice btw.

9. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Ok legs it is. I have brown, white, black etc legs Ill throw a few dirrent ones on there and see what looks best and roll with it. Thanks for the input I will have them in the mail NLT wednesday but probibly sooner. Thanks for the comments. I will also stick with the double hackle on the head.

10. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

Both flies look solid! very october caddissy.

11. ozcast

ozcast Member

So it looks gloomy for this swap filling up. What does everyone want to do with the extra flies? Do you want me to send your extras back to you? Or, if you want I can tie a couple more sets of different styles so you can still get 12 different flies.

12. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Ok I threw some brown legs on one and turned up the legs near the head if this is good i'll tie it up. (Added pic to previous post)

13. Ed Call

Oz, as for the extras, keep two or three of the extras of my hopper pattern and you can send the rest back to me or just randomly stick another one in other tyers boxes. I tied up a few more for myself and also did some in green, so I'm not really expecting to get more than one back along with everyone elses. Basically, do whatever you want!

14. Ed Call

Sean, sounds stellar we will all fish them as you tie them.

15. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Oz I'm good with Mumbels response. Keep a few for yourself and Id take maybe one and just randomly throw them in everyones box.

16. colton rogers

iagree that sounds easy enough, then you don't have to tie 48 flies for the swap:D

17. Arthur Vakulchik

Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

iagree you can keep them or give them to others, its all fine with

arthur

18. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

Yeah, maybe send one back or mix all the extras up and dole them out?

19. colton rogers

actually clo has a fun option, like a raffle:D

20. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

I was thinking like a "fly draft" or something...might be fun?