Yakima today

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by teedub, Mar 26, 2013.

1. teedub

teedub Active Member

Steve C. And I hit the Yakima today in the afternoon. Great assortment of bugs hatching and very little surface action. I saw two versions of caddis, march browns (not too many) and smaller mayflies.

I saw a boat going by land a large bow, but it was surprisingly quiet. Water was up around 46 degrees. Water was very clear at the launch.

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  2. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

Surprisingly few skwalas.

3. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:
    Falling barometer put the fish down. At least that's how I'm rationalizing everything from this point forward since I just got a watch with a barometer. :)

4. teedub

teedub Active Member

Could you publish hourly readings so I don't waste gas money (that could go for beer) driving to the river? It would be a great service and it would eliminate one more variable for me. Some tweaker stole my watch a couple of years ago and I don't miss it much.

Itchy Dog, Steve Call and PT like this.
  5. kmac

kmac Active Member

Went out on Tuesday with Tyler from Troutwater. We had no surface action either, but nymphing wasn't bad. Got 2 large whitefish, a smallish cutty and 3 rainbows one was pretty hefty at 17" caught on a Copper John. Weather was awesome. Waded the upper Yak on Wednesday and was unable to land the 2 that were biting. Saw tons of stone flys on rocks about 2-3 feet from the bank. My guess is things will really pick up soon.

Patrick Gould likes this.