Yee haw!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by SciGuy, Sep 9, 2011.

1. SciGuy

SciGuy Active Member

2 for 4 this morning. This one tore me up. Chartreuse over white with a thin pink lateral line. The coho are in...quit fishing for pinks.

[​IMG]

2. Troutrageous

Troutrageous Active Member

Awesome. Keep it up.

3. alagash

alagash Member

beautiful fish, congrats.
    should be some nice fillets.

4. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Nice work Bill :thumb:

5. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Great fish! Headed out in the morning - hopefully I can hook up!

6. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Awesome! I really want to get me one of those this year. Nice fish.

7. DimeBrite

DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Beautiful fish. Can I take a peek in your cooler?

8. Randy Lindahl

Randy Lindahl Member

Very Nice!...out there again tomorrow =)

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Excellent specimen!

10. SciGuy

SciGuy Active Member

Nope. Gotta transform into soccer Dad mode...maybe Sunday.

11. Dave S.

Dave S. Member

Sweet!

12. Elkman

Elkman Ryan

Nice.

13. Blktailhunter

Blktailhunter Active Member

They are determinately in. My fishing buddy and I got three of Thursday, four on Friday and three yesterday. All fish were caught on the afternoon incoming tide.

14. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Yeah, I FINALLY hooked in to a good fish Saturday in MA9. I'm an idiot and wasn't paying close enough attention and didn't get a good hook set so it was a LDR. Long enough to see it was a good fish though. At least now I know I'm doing something partially right so that's good. After a good number of outings and no grabs I was beginning to wonder if I was just doing somehting wrong. I picked up a an Outbound Intermediate and spare spool on my way home so we'll see if that helps too.

Question for you folks, what leader length do you usually use for an intermediate/sinking line?

15. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

I'm still pretty new to the beach game, but when I fish my 40+ intermediate I usually use a pretty short leader. 6-7' feet or so. Sometimes I'll just run a short length of straight fluro, just a few feet.

I tend to go about half/half between intermediate and floater. I like the intermediate at PnP cause it seems a bit deeper than many of the beaches I fish and it can get down below salad and current messes that really get moving through there sometimes.

16. Blktailhunter

Blktailhunter Active Member

Was able to pick up two more this evening. 6 lb hatchery hen and a matching wild buck. Area 9.

[​IMG]

Not sure why I can't make the picture bigger.....

17. SciGuy

SciGuy Active Member

Noice!

18. ten80

ten80 Active Member

Beauties! Many thanks for the report and inspiration to hit the salt.

19. Denny

Denny Active Member

Depends on the weight of the tippet and the fly (size and weight); need to make there is positive turnover on the cast! Four to five feet works fine, for me.

20. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Ok, well that's what I was looking for. I know it will vary depending on fly, etc but the general ball park is what I was looking for. I'm new to sub-surface lines and thus I've always used long(ish) leaders either for stealth on the surface or to get down deep with the floating line. So considerably shorter is the answer I was looking for I guess :) Thanks!