Yesterday never happened - Gallery, and other fun issues on this here new server

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Chris Scoones, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I know, posts & PM's from yesterday are missing. They are lost, period.

Also, the gallery is having issues resizing images, so thumbs / medium images are displayed the same size as the orig large one.

Front page random image display messed up for some.

These issue and more stuff on the backend.

Working on it, but don't expect the Posts / PM's back from yesterday.

Chris

2. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

i finally make a significant thread and it all went to waste :(

3. Big Tuna

Big Tuna Member

That may be a blessing anyway. I wondered what was up...thought it was deja vu all over again:)

4. Josh

Josh dead in the water

I'm laughing over here Chris.

Not to be mean at all. But it's somehow nice to get to be on the "audience" side of things for once. One of our sites was down yesterday and the host didn't want to fix it because it was too late in the day and the other had problems with a captcha verification system we tried to install to defeat computerized registrations.

*sigh*

Seriously though, I understand the annoyance.

5. PT

PT Physhicist

My thread listing the top 10 zipperlip steelhead rivers in washington state including detailed map of best runs and specific flies to use in each spot is gone?

6. Chris Scoones

Josh, problem was that the site, including database, is 50+ Gig. The new server is in a different data center and the on site folks were too fk'n lazy to physically move the old drive over to speed up the transfer / restore. The guys working the server transfer are actually pretty dedicated, and finished the job at 2AM, but still, it sucked.

PT, sorry but your top 5 Eastern WA spring creeks GPS coord's post was also lost.

7. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Thank god I printed it! Now at least I won't have to follow you around to find these spots! :clown:

8. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

me too :(

9. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Can you make today go away also. I am in the process of moving one of our branch offices. Phone system, data systems and installing a new domain controller along with new file server. Data and phone circuits cut overs start at 3 this afternoon. Tomorrow, the new servers. Make it go away Chris, please make it go away.

10. Chris Scoones

Sorry Kerry, yesterday is no day I want to use as a Groundhog Day.

11. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

And here I thought my attempts to finally travel in time were finally working.

12. JS

JS Active Member

Im not....hahaha:rofl:

13. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Thanks anyway Chris. Voice PRI came up pronto, data MPLS circuit went dead 5 seconds after turn up. I'm screwed.

14. Chris Scoones

Kerry, you're whining to the wrong guy on the wrong day. Sorry buddy, no hug. Get your damned VPN circuit up already! If in fact you're using your MPLS for that.

15 projects / sites underway with budget that automagically appeared last minute and must bill before Dec 16, to include the install of 30+ 65" LCD's and 140 42" LCD's, multicast distribution and supporting hardware at 3 of those sites, most working off CAD's that usually we can trust, but not always. 6 sites are forklift upgrades where I've gotta install the servers, apps and build the message, slide / video content, connect to their respective ACD's and build the stats for multiple teams per site that come with a mass of applications per team. That's by Friday of next week. Oh course I fly out tomorrow AM for "team building", which this time should prove interesting as it involves my buddies 125 & 250 shifter carts on a full sized track, among other things. Fun, but not sure being poured back into my hotel nightly next week after beer en mass will effect my Friday time line.

And then this F'ing WFF server thing. Finally got email back up 1/2 hour ago. First one, Jason B. :rofl:

Not fun enough? Kent will like this one. I got roped into taking my 8yo's soccer team photos. Got them done and back, need them tomorrow for the wife to take to the soccer party, but damn it if I forgot that 5x7's crop the orig photo, so all that text I put on there to emulate the regular Sportrait type photos are cropped. Here I sit at Tully's waiting on Costco to print my order. Plane lifts at 7AM and I gotta do laundry and pack.

So no Kerry, no gawd damned hug for you! :p:p:p

15. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Not a problem Chris. Wasn't really looking for a hug.

AT&T called said everything was up. Ok, why the hell don't I have power at the smart jack. No power at the jack you say? Crap man that is what I said the last time.

Got any help with your turn up next week? Here I sit all by my little lonesome.bawling: The rest of the crew is off drinking beer or boinking their fat ugly wives. At least I got the air card and you to cheer me on here on good ol' WFF.:thumb:

Good luck with the site and next week with team building and the carts.:beer2:

16. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Yesterday was the first day I was able to post photo.'s. I reloaded them today. Thanks Mr. Scoones. I benefit from your work.

Lowell please sign,
    cds