Yet another Pass Lake trip 5/24-5/26

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Mulligan, May 20, 2003.

1. Well, despite my near skunk (thanks to mike for providing that fly to hook my fish) I am heading back to Pass Lake this weekend. Well, sort of. A few of my friends and I decided to go on a two night camping trip. So, I coerced them into a destination with fishing nearby. We are staying at Bowman Bay (reservation pending, but should happen) Saturday and Sunday night. I am going to get two campsites, but there will probably be 4-6 in my group (mostly non-fishers). If anyone is interested, there might be some room to throw down a couple more tents at our site or there are two more sites available I think. If anyone is interested, let me know.

2. Be warned, when we stayed at Bowman Bay for greyghost's going away party, I paid for the campsite, told them four adults, and when we woke up in the morning, greyghost, bhudda, and backyard all had tickets on there cars. We only had three tents set up, and only four adults, but I guess you have to pay for extra vehicles.

worldanglr
    http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
    -Paul Schullery

3. How many parking spaces were alotted to your site? from the WA State Parks web site, each site has a different number of parking spots alotted to it. Were teh tickets for the number of tents or for parking "illegally"? Thanks for the heads up though. Try to keep cars to a minimum.

4. Well, the trip is looking like it's not going to happen. Despite what the Washington Parks web site says, there are no spots available this weekend (big surprise). I'm pretty bummed. Any other good places to go camp, but also where I can get some good fishing in?