Yet, another wader thread.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Trent, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Trent Ugly member

Here
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I have question about breathable waders and wedgies. See, I bought my first pair of breathables about a year and half ago or maybe two (can't remember), they still work fine and have never given me any leakage problems (now that I said that they probably will). What has intrigued me about them, is the fact that since I bought them they have always given me a wedgie. Now, they do not fit tight and they are the right size, but yet I get a wedgie. I have never had this problem with any of the neoprene waders I have owned, whether it be boot foot or stocking foot, so I'm wondering if this is a trend/characeristic reserved for breathable waders? About the only thing I could think of, is maybe my legs are just an inch or two too long, but yet they do not feel snug. I figured this would be a good crowd to ask this question with because I'm pretty sure everyone here has used waders at one point in their life.
  2. Tony Mull Member

Lake Stevens, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    One thing I've believe about breathables is that you gotta buy them a size too big. They don't stretch. I have a pair of $89 Joes breathables made by heaven knows who that are 6 years old and fit me like a clown suit. This summer they finally developed a seepage at my right ankle, where the neoprene booties join the wader which should be easy to fix when i get around to it. They have seen Alaska twice and several parts of BC, NM and WA and I'd guess the least days of those years at 60-80 days on the water if a mixture of wading, tubing, and pontooning. Unless you puncture your waders there's no reason anything but stress on a seam should cause a leak. Sounds like you need some longs, but try lengthening the shoulder straps.