You’re Invited to our May 10 Hoh-Down!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by hohrivertrust, Mar 13, 2007.

1. hohrivertrust New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    All-
    The Hoh River Trust is throwing a party at the Pyramid Alehouse across from Safeco Field on May 10 from 6 to 9pm. Great music, food, and libations all hosted by the Trust. Also check out some of these great raffle items....

*Sage 8136-4 Spey Rod with 3600D Reel
    *Sage 896-4 Z-Axis Rod with 2580 Reel
    *Orvis Zero Gravity 107 4pc with Battenkill Large Arbor Titanium Reel
    *And more items from Sage, Pagatonia, and more!

We're celebrating the accomplishments of the Hoh River Trust in its efforts to restore and preserve important Hoh riverlands, so come and join us for a fun evening.

RSVP online at www.hohrivertrust.org/rsvp.

Hope to see you there!

Phil

Click here to learn more about the event....http://www.hohrivertrust.org/Pages/hohDown.html
  2. Johnnie the K New Member

Enumclaw, WA 98022
    Party at Pyramid - Save the Date!

Pardon my ignorance here, but what's the purpose of the Trust and the purpose of the party?
  3. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,225 / 0

Visit the HRT site at http://www.hohrivertrust.org to find out more. The purpose of the party is to celebrate the success of the trust so far and to provide an opportunity to learn more for those interested in supporting its mission in the future.

K
  4. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0

Uhh, pardon MY ignorance, but how far and in which direction is Safeco Field from the downtown ferry terminal? I have not been in Seattle for ages...maybe driven through town 2 or 3 times since '85, and haven't even driven N of Oly on I-5 since 1999. I did get picked up at Seatac about three years ago after a nite flight in from Vegas. (I don't go there, I was coming from Cedar, City Utah. I do all my gambling on the Nasdaq, where i have an "edge"). It was dark, so I didn't have to ask for a blindfold. The last few times I went North, I took 101 up Hood Canal and then the P.T. ferry to Whidbey.
    Call me a Seattlephobe if you like, but I normally have no reason to go there..:)
  5. Jim Jones flytosser

Woodinville, WA

According to Yahoo! Maps it is .8 miles from Pier 52 to the Pyramid Alehouse.

Jim Jones
  6. Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0

It's a manageable walk from the WSF terminal. Or, if driving up I-5, the exit to Safeco Field is easy. Just ease over to the right lanes to exit as you get to Boeing Field as traffic can sometimes back up in that stretch of freeway around quitting time. Because of that, I'd almost recommend parking in Bremerton and walking on the ferry.
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,656 / 0

I don't think that I would want to walk around in Seattle at that time of night in that area. Unless you are carrying.

Jim

P.S...... Just 125 more posts until 9000
  8. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0

I will carry Bear Spray and a very bad attitude toward muggers. Spray 'em in the face and then maim 'em. I know some moves.:eek: Besides, whenever I used to go to Seattle, over 20 years ago, I wore old clothes, walked with "authority," and wore a very cold stare when passing the panhandlers. I'd either ask them if they "could break a nickle?" or tell 'em to "Get a job." They may not have liked me and certainly they called me names, but I don't care about that and nobody ever really f**ked with me.
  9. Will Atlas Guest

phil, sky and I are going to both be coming. I just turned 21 so I can actually enjoy the venue!
  10. spowino New Member

Spokane, WA

you should have that by Monday night:confused:
  11. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0

Do you have to be 21 to go?
  12. hohrivertrust New Member

Seattle, WA
    Hoh River Trust Party at Pyramid - May 10, 6PM - 9PM

You don't have to be 21 to go since it's a restaurant. But you won't be allowed in the 'bar' section if you're under age.
    Phil
  13. frankrutledge Guest

I'm in and I look forward to meeting you all.
    Frank.
  14. Jim Jones flytosser

Woodinville, WA

Tonights the night! Couldn't have picked a week with better weather to be out on the deck at the Pyramid Alehouse, drinking beer and using the Sage Casting Analyzer. Hopefully I get a chance to meet a lot of you fellow WFF'rs.

Jim Jones
  15. Les Johnson Les Johnson

.Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    My wife and I will be attending the Hoh Down. I'm looking forward to a good turnout. The Hoh River Trust is doing a world class job of saving a whole lot of the Hoh River drainage for those of us who like to hike and fish and see wild areas like this preserved. It is another testimony to good old grass roots conservation, of the people and by the people. I urge you to bring your check books. Donations will be appreciated I'm sure. It will be a pleasure to meet many of the folks who post on this BB.
    Cheers,
    Les Johnson
  16. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +497 / 2

Meh.

That area isn't Seattle's best, but come on. Especially since we talking about the hours between 6-9pm on a Thursday. Heck, it's still light out.

Unless bums asking you for change somehow scares you out of your mind, don't be worried.
  17. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
    Last reminder, so if you're interested you still have time to get down there.
  18. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +68 / 0

Where were you, Scoon-ass?
  19. Brent Comer Member

Duvall, Washington, USA.

I'm glad I got a chance to meet some of the folks from the board at the Hoh Down.

Good food, beer, and music for a great cause. Nice job, Phil.
  20. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0

I'm a daddy 1st, and given that I was at my 5yo's baseball game. :)