You Tube tried to ruin my summer...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Matt Burke, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +69 / 0
    from the year before. I annotated some thoughts. It'll only take a minute.

2. devon flyfisher Member

devon,england
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I enjoyed that video, thanks for posting.
    Cheers
    Richard
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,511 / 9
    We all could likely use more MattZoid! I enjoyed it too, thanks. I like the captions, on toon camera angles and most of all the surprise hook up while that one angler is walking toward the camera with a grin...then the HOLYSHITSURPRISE look takes over! Cool.
  4. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    I was at a BBQ last night where a guy who makes "films" for youtube got drunk and bitched about exactly this crap going down on there lately.

Pretty goddamn lame that youtube is turning this way. :beathead:
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,725 / 0
    Well I see that you haven't changed. But are you now using a Blue Pontoon boat. You used to have a Grey one.

Jim
  6. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +126 / 0
    Loved the vid., but lost on what U Tube 'did?'

fae
  7. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +604 / 0
    I'd hate to work at YouTube. They probably have a monstrous legal department that gets thousands of cease and desist orders every day from the likes of the MPAA, RIAA, and probably even a few from PETA :)
  8. nomlasder Active Member

Burien.
    Ratings: +113 / 0
    Sorry man, that was the stuff. Just not the same.
  9. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Ya, what's wrong with 2 guys floating down a river throwing tight loops?
  10. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Not much wrong with that Buck Naked, unless one of them is you sporting your avatar suit. Where is that other cool avatar of yours?

Matt, great viddy, what else you got for us?
  11. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    I have included the original first minute of that video on this post. All I know is suddenly there was a copyright dispute notification. Said I didn't have permission. Had me go through a whole butt load of legal mumbo jumbo. Finally got to a page that said, warning: proceeding further will cost you billions of dollars...or you could just click here and we will change the audio track with another of about the same duration. I clicked that and next thing I know is my video is selling a Creed song, goodbye original sound track.

My argument is this is a violation of my freedom of speech. I have not taken or added to Nickelback's song. I have taken it to another level. My own artistic interpretation in a new media that makes me feel like a rockstar. Not any different than if I were smart enough to do a watercolor that expressed what I feel about my trip to the klick and called it rockstar. So I added notations to their Creed/my Klick movie that express this. I can say anything I want about rockstar and that is my right.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=34846
  12. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    So, is that your video that you posted?
  13. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Both videos are mine only the current one on utube got butt raped.
  14. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
    Ratings: +43 / 0
    Awesome! Very creative Matt! LMBO
  15. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Fudge Matt! Nice video! I don't know what song you had there before but the track that plays sounds nice?? I know there is freedom of speach and all but everyone knows if someone makes a song, you can't use it without permission. Just the basic here I know, but a 5 year old would know that one.! Duuuuuuude!
  16. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Again, I believe it is a freedom of speech issue and has been since the first vinyl record. Speaking of five years olds, why don't you change that fucking avatar.
  17. SteelieD Non Member

In a van down by the river
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    The original is MUCH better. Too bad they screwed you.
  18. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Matt, not that I disliked the Creed version, but the Nickleback version fits much nicer into your clip, of course that is part of your point on what you Want and Need. Great clip, sorry that the man is trying to keep you down. Thanks again for sharing.
  19. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    let me get this straight! freedom of speach is "OK", but freedom from clothes isn't? double standard bastard!!!!
    :D
    either way, nice video Matt, who were u fishing with?
  20. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Freedom from clothing has never been contested Buck Naked, merely your freedom from clothes. I think we can all think of examples of freedom of clothes that we might accept. In my mind yours is just not one of them.

Matt, was that a surprise hookup as you walked to the camera? Was it on a tripod or was someone sacrificing their time on the water by tracking you?

Was that a "pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon" intro? Killer!