Your email address and sending PM's on the WFF Board

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Chris Scoones, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
    If you send another member a Private Message (PM), and that member has it set within their preferences to receive email notifications of new PM's, the email notification they receive has the PM senders email address included. It's worked that way for a while but after being called on it recently I can see the rub for those who would rather keep their email addresses close.

The policy of this site is that the email address you use to register with is not and will not be given out unless you choose to do so via the email option or within a message you send. The functionality of the PM notification process does not reflect this so it will be addressed. It may take a bit to resolve but you can expect another note passed along once it's changed.

If you have any questions let me know offline.

Chris
  2. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
    I need to test this out some more but the emails sent for new PM notifications should now be from forum@washingtonflyfishing.com and not include the PM senders email address.

If you have any issues let me know.

Chris
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    I could care less who knows my email address as to all the junk mail I get now. But that is not the reason for this post. I used to get notified whenever somebody sent me a private message via email and now I don't get them anymore. I have to keep going to the lobby to see if there are any there or to my in box. My box is checked but I don't get nothing. Just a small problem,nothing big. And keep up the good work.

Jim