Your Fave ?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Trophy trout., Mar 30, 2006.

1. barbless Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Chums. Big, fiesty, plentiful and usually pissed off.:cool:

barbless
  2. gigharborflyfisher Native Trout Hunter

Gig Harbor, Wa, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Any type of cutthroat for me.....
  3. jami_wa New Member

City, State
    Big Fiesty Browns
  4. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +684 / 5
    I'd have to say chums as well. Willing to take the fly if fishing the right water, and like Ringlee said they are willing to hit a dry as well. Took one kid off another board fishing for them, and he was in awe when one hit my fly on the surface (it was actually a fly meant to be swung, but barely hit the water and a chum came up and smashed it).
  5. Searun Cutts in streams in the fall, love the way they smack down a fly! Bass on surface flies in summer. Big nasty skanky moldy dogs late fall. Steelhead in the winter.
  6. Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Happy Hour, WA
    Ratings: +377 / 1
    Chums on dries? This I gotta see....and DO!

My faves are bulls, fresh silvers, all cutts and whatever grabs a fly in a warm place, but I'll fish for pretty much anything that swims.
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Hey Mingo, you, me and Bob will need to hit a few coastal rivers for them. I actually caught my first "dryfly" chum by mistake. I was sent some sample Arctic Fox to tie with from a distributor in Finland. I'd never seen, nor fished with it before. So tied up some of my typically marabou winged chum flies with arctic fox hair instead (since it seemed alot more durable). Only problem, come to find out, is I didn't get the wing wet before I fished it. So when it hit the water, it wouldn't sink. The sinktip I was using (which was a very slow type) wasn't pulling it under. Next thing I knew, a bright hen chum came up and slashed the fly on the surface. Caught a couple more that way that day. Doesn't happen alot, but it's sure fun.
  8. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Oh, I should add (after rereading the original post). I also enjoy fishing for Sturgeon, Steelhead, and other Salmon as well. Really is dictated by mood more then anything. I enjoy most of them, just Chum seems to be my favorite.
  9. Mike Danahy @#)$%# river otters!

around
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    love cuts any place I got to hike too, and steelhead anywhere I can get 'em on a fly
  10. Fish Hunter Too many people, not enough fish

WA
    1) Silvers
    2) SRC
    3) Steelhead
    4) Bows
  11. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +561 / 0
    I moved 3000 miles to fish for steelhead. My wife rocks!
    Welcome to 2003 minus 25,
    cds
  12. Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Happy Hour, WA
    Ratings: +377 / 1
    I'm all over that!:thumb: