Your favorite "S" River. Great day with Papafish

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by NomDeTrout, Dec 26, 2009.

1. NomDeTrout

NomDeTrout Fly Guy Eat Pie

papafish and I met up at 9:30 and took a nice morning drive out to the S river. Got on the water and started fishing immediately. Literally within 15 minutes of casting, BAM my line tightens up....pops off within seconds. Damn... a couple casts later, my fly gets slammed. drag takes off, my 6wt is hauled over. after a couple minutes, i bring the fish in. nice sized bull trout!

This is my very first bull trout so of course I near peed my pants. Following my catch, papafish went on to catch a couple while I missed a couple tugs.

Overall, fished until roughly 3PM or so and had a great day. Weather was damn near perfect but a little cloud could've helped. Water level low, gin clear

2. NomDeTrout

papafish his beautiful bulltrout

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Yeah, Papafish is all OK. I have fished with him in the past and have enjoyed my outings with him. But from this picture of him, he looks like hes getting older. Good one to you, Papafish.

Jim

4. tediousthumper

tediousthumper Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin

Bull on an egg sucking leach.Nice PULL!

5. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Ha! as you can see by the pic, I've been taking advanced courses on classic release poses :rofl:
    It was fun fishing with Chris, and helping him hook up, on his first encounter with the Bull's of the Sauk. Water was very clear, too clear for my liking, but it was cool. Speaking of cool, it was! especially in the shade up at the Gov't bridge run BRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Chris, always a pleasure to share a river and a little knowledge with someone as enthusiastic as you are about our passion, fly fishing.
    Hey Jim I'll never be older than you! I'm 10 years younger than you, buddy, but Chris is 40 years younger than me bawling: I can still hang with these young guys on a river though, and I'm thankful for that!
    Your name did come up, Jim, in conversation with Chris, so your legend is still being spoken of on Washington State rivers my friend.

Here's more picks of the day.

LB

6. Don Davis

Don Davis Formerly FlyCatcherman, formerly Don_The_Fly

I was going in as you guys came out. You were atanding on the bank when I hit the top of the run! I only managed one small bull. Good Job!

7. NomDeTrout

thanks Lonnie. had a great time and you'll definitely be seeing more of me from now on.

man it took me awhile to shake off that cold from my feet. i had the heater blasting right at my feet in the car but man it was cold out there.

8. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Next time say hi! we both saw you, our reaction was "where did he come from?" See 'ya out there next time.

LB

9. Don Davis

Don Davis Formerly FlyCatcherman, formerly Don_The_Fly

you came and went from the top of the run and I came in at the bottom. I was going to fish down river from you, but when I got in you had left the river.

10. longstick

longstick Member

I have never fished that river. How high up can you go and find dollies or are they through out the river system do to the salmon spawn. I have a new 5126 I would like to use and it has been a few weeks since it last got tugs on the yakima. You don't have to give out secret stuff, I am just looking to see if you fished low or high.
    Thanks guys and good job.
    Jake

11. salt dog

salt dog card shark

Cold, but the sun was shining for ya and you were picking up fish and in good company. 3 out of 4 is the best you can hope for at the end of December. Nice work there Papafish and Chris, and thanks for sharing the pics.

12. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Nice fish LB!
    I was braving some nasty wind Sunday so I know what you guys went through..

13. rwbailey05

rwbailey05 GO COUGS

Looks like i missed a good trip out. Great looking fish, and the classic poses are exactly that... classic:)

14. Zissou Intern

Zissou Intern New Member

Great report, nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.