Your favorite "STILLWATER SOFT HACKLE"

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Drifter, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Ahoy Befishinbait! Howz yer rivers been treatin ya? I see yer determined to be politiklly inkeerect as usual, but these sorry excuses for sparrows are cross-dressers. You just can't tell 'em apart.

2. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

3. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Thanks Tim. I read your post on that thread and that explains why I'm having a hard time identifying many males. They really are a flock of bloody cross dressers! Must be descended from British stock! Maybe Befishin' was right! I did see a couple of darker ones that looked good, but most look like relative Plain Janes.
    They usually show up when about 4 or 5 other species are on my lawn, and its hard to get outside and sneak around the corner of the house without spooking them all. On a good day I can hit a beer can at 25 yards with the old Crossman that I confiscated from my nephew. Getting a strutting cock Starling in my sights might actually be some fun! I don't look forward to skinning it and preserving the skin, though. I wonder, is it considered cheesy to pluck off the feathers and stuff them into a little plastic bag? When going thru my stash, I found a bag of some small "Partridge" feathers that I bought like that.