NFR Your Seattle Mariners

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,647 / 0
    I'm sorry, but I just can't help myself. What happened in Spring training sure as hell didn't spill over on to the main season. They must be facing some fantastic pitchers or their batters are a piss poor bunch of nobody's. A no-no thrown at them at home and then they blow a simple lead. Looks like they will be in the cellar again this year.

Maybe I will root for the Colorado Rockies or just give up on Baseball altogether. There is more to life than sports in the summer time. I quit watching BB as there are to many babies playing that game.
  2. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +407 / 0
    Considering the cost to run a major league team, and results, it is almost like some government program. Cost to the fans keeps going up, the teams keeping paying more money to mediocre ball players and they make is sound like the greatest thing since fire. I doubt that I will long enough to see the old Kingdome paid off. Forget about Safeco field and Quest Field, or what ever it is called now.
  3. fifafu Guest

Ratings: +1 / 0
    Safeco Field is where offensive players go to die. Almost every team has a short porch smewhere in the yard and build their lineups to have an advantage for half the games. The pitchers learn to pitch to their park. The Mariners have built a park that mentally devistates its players.

I love the young talent and think this team has potential but I personally hate the dimenions of Safeco Field. Just look at pre and post Safeco Adrian Beltre. Justin Morneau said the Twins new ballpark would ruin the Twins hitters because they have to hoist it to hit it out and everyone was gonna try to keep their numbers at the same levels as in the MetroDome. We can't really judge the Twins yet as Mauer and Morneau were both hurt last year.

I personally would like to see a short corner in right field at Safeco.
  4. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    Maybe I'll be a Royals fan, seems like I'll never get my hopes up again