YRFF Spring clean up / meeting

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Whitey, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +173 / 0
    The YRFF (Yakima River Fly Fishers) is having the annual spring clean-up on the Yakima this Saturday, March 6.

We meet at Red's Fly Shop at 9 a.m. for trash bags and coffee. We Clean all morning, then fish in the afternoon. Trust me, its good karma!!

We will then be meeting back up for dinner at the Ellensburg Inn at 7:30. Come early for drinks in the lounge. A slide show on Montana will follow.

This is open to all, I hope to see you there!

YT

:beer2
  2. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +681 / 1
    YT, If one wanted to head over Friday and be social, can you recommend a hotel/motel that's nice yet not too expensive? I'd rather get up Saturday morning and have a nice breakfast as opposed to driving over the pass...

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...
  3. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Well, Roper, I know a certain someone that has a house in E-burg. Let me check with the boss. Their are several hotels in Ellensburg, and the Ellensberg Inn is hosting. hopefully the skawla's will be coming off by next weekend, should be a blast! You should fish with me and Sparse in the afternoon!!! YT:smokin
  4. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Sounds good, it looks like staying over Saturday night makes more sense...I may just bring the down bag and T/R it, who knows...

Roper,

5. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    "I panhandle for flies" - Joe Trowtbum.!!!!

ah, come on Roper T.R it!:smokin i plan on being there sat. to shake all this Karma for not paying my Pass lake parking fees}( haahaa. if i go to Pass 2 times this week and not pay parking i can save enough money to eat breakfast on sunday! yeah, plus Umtanum is free to camp. Sparsy,Whitey, see ya all there!
  6. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Hey Dirtbag! T/R at Umtanum it is...will we be fishing afoot or with p-toons? I have a new 4 wt. that needs to be christened...Hot Dang!

Roper,

7. CatchEm New Member

DuPont, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I am not sure what T/R is but if it involves Camping at Umtanum I am in..

I am also bringing my drift boat. If anyone is looking for a ride down the river I have room.. All I ask is riders take a turn at the Sticks and kick in on any shuttle fees/ beer. :beer1

Let me know if you’re interested.
    Steve
  8. bhudda heffe'

basement
    "I panhandle for flies" - Joe Trowtbum!!!!

its a deal:beer2 see ya there. and Catchem- t.r. stands for Team rugged :smokin-they sleep in hotels:p:p :p
  9. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Alright, I want in. Was supposed to go out there last weekend, but things fell apart. I'll t.r. it with you guys and earn my patch that I already have.

Catchem, it would be awesome to join you on a float and I have no problem taking my turn at the sticks and bringing some beer. We can do our own shuttle or I'll pay for one through one of the shops. I'll also bring my pontoon along too.

Bill :beer2
  10. Sparse Grey Hackle Member

Fayetteville, NY, USA.
    Ratings: +26 / 0
    Thanks for coming out to our event. Its kind a feel-good event. In addition, the river is in good shape right now, and all around, you're going to have a great weekend.

See you at Red's saturday morning.

Sparse

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
    (Sir Izaak Walton)
  11. CatchEm New Member

DuPont, WA, USA.
    The Weather for Sat/Sun looks nasty.....up to 60 MPH winds on Friday nite and 40 MPH Gusts during the day on Saturday. ( accuweather.com ) Time to break out the 6 wt rod.

:dunno
  12. flasher New Member

seattle.
    Damn, Damn, Damn I have to work that day. I would love to join a bunch of guys that really care and know the area. Any chance you guys might try it again the following Saturday as well? I have the 12th and 13th off and would love to help out.

Mark
  13. Tightline Brian Perry

Seattle, Wa, USA.
    Count me in. Sounds like a good time.
    ~B

:thumb
  14. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,404 / 0
    With all of the twisting and plodding you are doing to me I have decided to show up. That is if the snow don't come down in the pass as that is the only thing that would keep me away. Not equiped for that. So do you think that an old man could help out.

Jim
  15. CatchEm New Member

DuPont, WA, USA.
    Any specific place at Umtanum that is the best camping spot? Is there a "usual" spot that everyone pod's up?

Steve

:beer1
  16. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    It snowed in the pass last night, everyone be careful this weekend. YT:professor
  17. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,404 / 0
    It seems like all it wants to do at night is snow lately. Wel I would like to make it over there for what you all are doing but driving in the snow is not in my bag. My yellow stripe is getting wider and wider. So I'm gonna have to bow out of this one.

Jim
  18. bhudda heffe'

basement
    "I panhandle for flies" - Joe Trowtbum.!!!!

i might have to bow out also ,1- the weather and 2- my folks just put there house on the market and need help tiding it up this weekend. id much rather be holding a rod then a shovel but duty calls sorry guys;(
  19. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Might partake in this event if I can get the kitchen pass since I was out there last weekend.
  20. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Well, I'm still planning on getting over there. Hopefully tonight, but if not I'll be over first thing in the morning and camp on Saturday night.

Hope to see you there!

BTW a good site to check pass conditions is at: http://www.atmos.washington.edu/maciver/roadview/i90/

Bill