z-axis sage 8wt 9'6" 4 piece w/ ross cla 4 and rio versa tip new

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Fishinsinsation, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Yup, I'm the bad guy. I offered up two full setups for someone wanting to part with one setup. Value is in the hands of the beholder. Hope my mess did not complicate your life too much. Good luck.
  2. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +721 / 0
    Hell, I'd be pissed if I was dumping that set-up as well.

Just a question - have you gotten some buddies that know what they're doing to show you how to cast that thing? It take a while to pick up and I doubt learning on an 8wt would be the easiest thing in the world. Also, the z-axis doesn't have a reputation as a forgiving rod for beginners. As such, you might want to start off with a heavier line to really flex the rod.

Hey man, I would just really suggest that you go to Avid Angler in Lake Forest Park and talk to Joel who works there. Tell him that you hate the rod, but you're willing to give it one more go. I think Joel would be happy to give you some casting lessons for a reasonable rate. And, who knows, maybe with the right tips and guidance, you'll be just as addicted as the rest of us poor souls.

I'd just hate to see you take the $300 hit without giving it one more shot.

-Jesse
  3. satnut Member

canada
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    how much for the rod only?gs3150@hotmail.com
  4. stewart dee Guest

Mumbles you really should take it easy on Fishinsinsation she is obviously sensitive. I agree with the value is with the person who will utilize the setup. Cut it loose for what you want regardless of a few bucks, you will fish the hell out of it.
  5. Fishinsinsation New Member

bothell, wa
    lol stewart..you're just hating cause i fish bait, and use gear rods...

its cool..
  6. stewart dee Guest

Hey Lady, I apologize for anything you may have been offended by.
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    You know I did not price out my two rods and bait casters and say "let's rip fishinsinsation off". I thought, hell, that is a nice combo, I'd be happy with just the rod as the reel is of less interest. I have two nice gear rods that are in very good shape and have baitcasters that I don't and won't use anymore. Maybe this is a win-win. If anyone took my offer as an attempt at an embarassing low ball insult they should have used the PM function or called me out as a cheap bastard...well, I guess someone did one of those.

Anyone have a use for these two gear rods and baitcasting reels let me know. I'd be up for a trade.
  8. stewart dee Guest

Hold on to those bait rods since one day it will be the cool thing to do and you will be retro.
  9. NVswitch Member

Sparks, Nevada
    Interested in the Ross CLA-4. I need to see some pictures and I live in Nevada so will need to be mailed here.
    Let me know if you are interested. Mikie
  10. TD Active Member

North End
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    You have a nice setup there. Seems to me that people have gotten a little emotional about this. I was interested in the setup until checking in with Sage it seems that the Warranty on their fly rods only applies to the original owner. Although I'm sure I'll hear a dozen or so claims otherwise. You may need to lower your expectations on what your setup is worth on the used market.

If you purchased it from a shop then you may want to talk with them about switching it for a comperable gear rod. Even if they don't carry gear rods they can still order them from any manufacture that they deal with.

If you came about it at a really great bargain then you may want to consider what you have invested in it with respect to what people are willing to barter with.
  11. Fishinsinsation New Member

bothell, wa
    i still have the warranty card. never mailed in, so its good to go..
  12. Kirk Singleton Capt Kirk

Sammamish, WA
    OK- I am going to post up the goods here kids...
    how about a used once Loomis gl3 str1263c 10' rod with a shimano calcutta TE401 mint. This is the ultimate steelhead setup. does not get any better than this!!!!!!!
    I am in Issaquah. Kirk 425-442-1427
    Rod info,
    http://fishwithjd.com/2008/05/05/g%E...mis-str-1263c/
  13. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +310 / 1
    That is an outfit there! If you're into gear fishing.
  14. Fishinsinsation New Member

bothell, wa
    PM sent to kirk, nice goods.. i have two other Calcutta Tes in the 201, and would like a 401 ;)
  15. satnut Member

canada
    how much for rod only?