Zebco and a 83 lb Carp

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Mike, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Fishing is a bit different in Europe. I was looking at the Zebco site below. Header photos of huge carp scrolling by. If the photo doesn’t open on the header line, go to the side bar and open “Good Day Fishing” for a photo of an 83 lb carp.

http://www.zebco-europe.net/zebco/home.php?lang=2

2. GOOD GOD!!! THAT THING LOOKED LIKE IT SWALLOWED A GOAT!!
    WHAT WAS UP WITH THE GUY WITH 50 FISH?? GEEZE, THEY MUST HAVE A PLETHERA OF FISH ACROSS THE POND.

TY

3. Seeing huge bellied fish like that is a lot like seeing a woman with huge breast implants; its pleasing at some level, but generally kind of off putting...:confused:

4. What's even more mind-boggling are the two catfish from the River Po on the same website. Those things look like maneaters.

5. That carps belly, reminds me of my X's piss sack.

6. Wow, what a mental image......:rofl:
    That carp must have just rolled over and fought like a log, not my idea of a real athletic fish!

7. I'm sure that hooking that carp was like snagging a fallen tree. The only problem is...the tree moved...! What a gross looking carp though...I have no desire to catch a carp like that!

8. I think I want the calendar.

9. Anything wrong with harvesting fish when there is an abundance of them? Not in my book. Used to go out with the relatives back in Minnesota and catch buckets full of crappie, bluegill, perch. Filleting them would take us an hour or more. Mmmmmmmmmm....... Well worth the time.:thumb:

As for the carp. That thing could eat my fly any day of the week. Might take an Islander and 12 wt to land that thing but count me in too.:eek:

10. Anybody know the North America carp record?

I've spotted some up the spokane arm of lake roosevelt that must be pushing 50lbs...huge beasts with that black dorsal that the huge ones get. I'll bet they'd fight like crazy too...when spooked they've got some giddyup.

:beer2:

11. They're way easier to land with a bow and arrow than a flyrod...
    Just sayin'...

12. Huh? Cyber-Boilies! What the hell is with the "flavors".

13. I WASNT TALKING ABOUT HIM BONKING THEM, I JUST THOUGHT HE LOOKED LIKE HE NONE DRANK TO MUCH (INSERT PBR TYPE EURO BEER HERE). HE WAS SPREAD OUT ON THE GROUND LIKE A FAT BIKINI GIRL SHOOT WITH FISH.

I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BONKING FISH. THEY MAKE GREAT FERTILIZER.

TY

14. I'm with Jake. That thing is gross, I wouldn't wanna catch it!

15. So here is my objection with that clip. If you watch about 3/4 the way through it the guy has the carp on a black plastic tarp. Who knows how long he had the carp on there. He then splashes water on it to make it look like he just pulled it from the water and hoists it into the air for one more glorry shot. Who knows how many times they did this with how many cameras. If it was a Steelhead or trout on that tarp everyone on this board would be shitting all over themselves to jump down this guys throat.

I don't mind them harvesting the fish, just don't care about the way they did it.