Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Well That Wasn't So Good

Tags
good
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mtskibum16 
#1 ·
My calendar indicated that it was supposed to be a good fishing day on Saturday...

It lied....

What I feared happened. The previous days of rain, wind and cold weather had cooled down the lake so the temps had dropped (no, I don't know the exact numbers). Plus, it was bit off color.

So... ratz. One bass hit a pencil popper prototype twice but never tried to eat it.

The only fish I caught was a 2lb LMB that hit a mouse pattern while I was reeling it in to change to something else. I tried to mimic that action to entice other bass but that was a no go.

The cattle followed me around the lake. At one point, I was casting to a specific spot next to shore and the idiot cows decided to all go down to the lake for a drink exactly in the area I was casting so they most likely spooked any fish in that spot. Stupid cows.

That's it. I was almost skunked but manage to catch one fish by mistake.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sounds like my day. Only save was a rainbow I caught while trolling my fly to another section of the lake. I'm ready for some warmer weather to get a real taste of the bass fishing here. Running out of time before salmon season though and I still need to make another trip for tigers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.