Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bamboo and Glass Rod Conclave, Puget Sound style 6/24 10am

4K views 53 replies 14 participants last post by  clarkman 
#1 ·
Just to make this "official" (we are anything BUT an "official" group), the plan is set for this year's Bamboo and Glass Rod Conclave. Details...

Saturday June 24th 10am.

CASCADE VIEW NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
16202 NE 40th St, Redmond, WA
http://binged.it/1LqAjAB

Across the street from part of the main Microsoft campus off NE 40th and is just a few blocks off Rte. 520. Parking is on the street next to the open grass field where we'll be casting.

Let's get together to cast cane and glass rods, classic, new, blue collar and SHORTIES! We can finally let Steve K see just what his challenge unleased over this winter.

Feel free to bring a chair and folding tables or horses (to put rods on). Bring food and drinks if you're inclined, but we're not planning on anything other than casting.

If the weather shapes up to be miserable I'll stay home and let folks know I'm not coming, if its only "iffy" or better I'll be there, a few rods in tow that might be of interest for others to try.

Looking forward to seeing our fellow grass & glass'rs.

Ron

See less See more
#43 ·
I am committed elsewhere on Saturday. Covering for another gentleman volunteer, at the Donor Closet, helping people who need and can't afford durable medical goods. It's OK Lue. Come on down and we can have a wheelchair race. Go fishing in Depends. .... Compare meds.

#44 ·
The last time we had a little gathering at this park, we set up near the backstop. It seemed the logical place and worked well. Assuming no one else is using that area.

TC

#45 ·
Just got home tonight after over more than two months travelling and 8,700+ miles on the truck and camper.
Sorry I missed this event this morning, I would like to have been there. The get-together we had two years ago was really enjoyable.

Ron, take care of yourself and follow the Doc's orders.

#46 ·
I had a great time today. Traffic was bad on I5 so I was about a hour late. There was some wonderful rods and a lot of knowledge to be shared. I am going to have to get together with Steve and see how he makes his rod grips. I would like to see this as an annual event. No complaints as to the location. However, I would like to see it held at a lake so we can fish at the same location.

#49 · (Edited)
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and casting new rods yesterday. As with every rod gathering I have ever attended it is the people who make the experience enjoyable. Any knowledge gained is certainly a valuable bonus but somewhat secondary to the face to face interaction.

A special commendation goes out to Ron and his "kind wife" for being willing and able to attend.

I really can't see any good reason why we would have to wait until next year to do it again. Its no more complicated than going fishing. Pick a time and place, grab your gear and go.

TC

#50 ·
"I really can't see any good reason why we would have to wait until next year to do it again. Its no more complicated than going fishing. Pick a time and place, grab your gear and go." Tom I like your comments and couldn't agree more. It was nice to see Ron and his wife. Maybe the next time we do this he will be able to flip a rod or two. Think early fall at a lake. The fishing should be better.

#53 ·
I'm finally back online....I too had a great time casting different rods! I really enjoyed Tim's Dart! I'd like to catch some big fish with it... Great meeting face to face with all, kudos to Ron's wife (chauffeur) and too bad the catching wasn't better at Cottage lake but it's always nice to be on the water!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.