Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Kraken Reel Series from Allen Fly Fishing

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Eyejuggler 
#1 ·
Wheel Bicycle part Rim Toy Spoke

The Kraken delivers on all criteria laid out by our guides and pros who get their thrills from pursuing the biggest, fastest fish this sport has to offer. Featuring our first sealed drag system, it is ready to take on whatever situation your freshwater and saltwater situation calls for. With its incredibly lightweight design machined from aerospace grade bar stock aluminum, you'll be able to hold the arm fatigue at bay without sacrificing structural integrity. The Kraken is also our first reel to feature a V cut spool to guide your backing on evenly during your most high speed fish battles!​
In stock and ready to ship!

Visit our website to read more about this exciting new reel series

LIMITED TIME OFFER!

Enter Coupon Code:KRAKEN102012 to receive yourKraken T-shirt for free!

Order your Kraken reel in the next two weeks, and receive an Eric Hornung Artist Series T-shirt for free! Simply enter discount code KRAKEN102012 upon checkout! To redeem, your shopping cart must have a Kraken reel and T-shirt on the same order.

See less See more
#7 ·
Not quite yet. While we have a reasonable market for bigger reels, the market for bigger rods is actually much smaller. We'll get there, but there are other things we need to finish development on first.

Nice real, what materials are in the drag? Can you post a video of the reel? Need a reel for my 8wt was looking at a galvan torque but this reel would look awesome on my bvk.
It's a sealed cork drag. We went with cork due to the smoothness it has when the drag is tightened down. The downsides of cork aren't an issue when it's sealed off, so we think we hit the best of all worlds with this combo.

I plan to do a video showing the reel in the near future. I'm still moving in to my new office, so I'll have everything operational hopefully in the next week.

#9 ·
Though the red and green colour-way isn't my favourite, based on previous experience with Allen reels and their customer service, I'm sure this is going to be a hit, and with a fully sealed drag for that price, it should be.
My questions are these:
a) Any other colours planned for the future?
and b) Anodized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.