Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lone Lake review 2/9/13

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Nick Clayton 
#1 ·
Several of us convened on Lone Lake to test our luck on Saturday. Scott and I met at the Mukilteo side of the ferry before the 8:00 boat. The morning didn't look very promising as I drove through a gentle mist to get there. I wondered if the mist would turn to rain or disappear. Time would tell. The Lighthouse looked rather bright in contrast to the sullen skies.

Once at the lake members showed up and hit the water. Fish proved few and far between. Several guys stayed clustered around the point west of the launch. Every once in a while someone tagged a fish, but not very often. I decided to head to what is now known to me as "Jeff's corner" and try my luck along the cattails. Scott joined me and Jeff was already there in his pram watching an indicator. I so can't do chironomid fishing...oh well. Scott and I were chatting and listening to the RWBB's singing when I got the tug. After quite a bit of flailing around the rainbow finally was in the net and Scott had his camera ready. The trout must have been camera shy as it wriggled out of my hands and hit the water. All we had was an "oh shit" picture of me with nothing in my hands. A full bladder and growling stomach had me heading for the launch after that.

Let the party begin...

Steve K. showed up stating he was there for the drinks, not the fishing and got down to business, bottoms up Steve.

Steve M. joined in with his choice of libations.

With full bellies and a warm buzz, we settled in to some fun story telling.

Soon the call of the lake won out and we headed back for round two. I think the lake may have won the fight. In the end I think we all pulled at least a fish or two out and had fun doing it despite the drizzle and chilly temperatures. We're all ready for short sleeve weather and sun screen for sure...'till then, take care all.

See less See more
#2 ·
Great report and pics Roper. It's bright and sunny today and I was thinking about hitting the lake this afternoon. I went by there on my way home from the Club and there were a gazillion people so I'm thinking I might just wait until Monday, but then it might be raining again.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.