Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Salmonfly/GS swap

Swap 
7K views 86 replies 8 participants last post by  clarkman 
#1 ·
Okay folks, this will be my first swap as swapmeister. Stonefly season is coming soon, and I only wish I had thought of doing this swap a little earlier, since we are now short on time.

We will be tying either a salmonfly or golden stone DRY fly, whichever species is your preference. The due date will be Friday, May 17th. Sorry about the somewhat short amount of time to complete these, ideally I would have thought of this a month ago. But this should mean we'll all get our flies back with enough time to fish them. PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME WITH A SELF-ADDRESSED AND PREPAID ENVELOPE, rather than just money.

We'll tie two patterns per swapper, minus yourself, so ten flies tied total.

What?: Salmonfly or golden stonefly dry
When?: Due Friday, May 17th.

1. Travis Bille- Salmulator- finished
2. Ben Swaner- received
3. Gary "shackleford" Knowels- received
4. Thom Collins
5. WABOWMAN
6. Randall Clark.- received

On Deck:
1. Mayfly Aviator

See less See more
#80 ·
Got mine today too! Great ties all. What you guys can do with foam is amazing, I'm terrible with it. Travis, what did you use for the underwing?

Randall, what hook did you use?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

#84 ·
Huge thanks to Travis and the rest of you for sharing these amazing flies. The quality of these ties is likely the best I've seen in any swaps and some creative patterns to boot. Stoneflies are flying on the Henry's Fork right now, I'll have to go give these a whirl this week.

Thanks again.

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.