Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

It's Over

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  psycho 
#1 ·
Saw a Smart Car on Middle Fork Road this evening. Wanna buy a 2 weight?

#3 ·
Reminds of a couple years back when the road was all messed up since it had not been graded yet.

I am driving my truck and bouncing all over there place and cussing the road when way up by Taylor what do I see approaching ... A Miata.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#6 ·
You people are spoiled. Paved roads up in the woods, What's next a 7-11 also.

I can still remember when the road out of Index Up the N/F Skykomish was gravel. Also the road up the Beckler was gravel also. They went and paved them and it all went to hell up there. You can drive to upper Finny Creeek on a paved road.

Here in Montana, when you get off a main road they are all gravel. I drove to fishing and back last weekend on all gravel roads. About 150 miles of dirt/gravel. No modern paved roads here.

#10 ·
I can still remember when the road out of Index Up the N/F Skykomish was gravel. They went and paved them and it all went to hell up there.
The North Fork road IS gravel once again, oh wise Methuselah. Spawning gravel. After the big flood several years back, the road IS the riverbed in several places now and probably will be until the next ice age.

#7 ·
Old Man, you'll probably not find many anglers who actually approve of the paving, nor who attended the USFS meetings in North Bend to express their concerns about it - but the kayak, birdwatcher, hiking, and meth lab building lobbyists sure did. Result - paved road. As it has already been said, it just takes a bit of hiking to get to the better water anyways.

#11 ·
I would like to know what paved road you used to get to upper Finney. I have been up there everyway there is and the only pavement I saw was S. Skagit Hyway. I have used Finney Creek Rd, NF-17, NF-18, and Rocky Creek before it closed. None of them are paved. Lower Finney Creek is for about a mile.

#12 ·
I would like to know what paved road you used to get to upper Finney. I have been up there everyway there is and the only pavement I saw was S. Skagit Hyway. I have used Finney Creek Rd, NF-17, NF-18, and Rocky Creek before it closed. None of them are paved. Lower Finney Creek is for about a mile.
Finney Creek Road(FSR 17) breaks off from the S Skagit highway in the area where the Sauk dumps into the Skagit. The last time I was up there it was paved but slowing falling apart. This road meets up with the creek above Finney Creek Falls. FSR 2810 is paved a way up also. It used to go up along side the N/F Stilly up in the head waters. Now it only goes up to the washed out spot.

I used to drive around all those roads up in there before they closed them all down with gates. Deer Creek, Day Lake, Day creek. All around the Spada Reservoir also. This was way before 9-11.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.