Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fucking done

5K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  FinLuver 
#1 ·
When do you give up on a rod/rifle/bow and just set the bitch on fire? The mojo is gone, or the juju has gone flabby and flaccid. Can't sell the damn thing because the yuppie brigade will give you low ball offers, and the e*ay crowd will return shit for the most minor of cosmetic defect, I mean REALLY? At what point do you just say, "Fuck this." and set your Meiser on fire?

*edited content. Ed Call

#2 ·
I think most people are pretty done with selling on ebay, so much buyer protection with paypal...as far as the rod goes I have one I have tried to sell a few times and everytime it doesnt sell I take it out fishing and catch a bunch of fish, almost makes me fall in love with it again...for a little while.

#6 ·
Done with the rod, ever since I ETS'd and moved back here I have not brought a fish to hand with that rod. Either LDR'd or the rod breaks but can't seal the deal with it. My burkie, winston, and loop rods have all brought me steelhead, this rod is cursed. I can't get rid of it. I am seriously considering setting it on fire as a sacrifice to the anadromous fish gods.

#20 ·
I would wait for a starless night and then, by the light of an alderwood fire, annoint the rod with the juice of fermented potatoes. The high priest (annointer) is required to wear a uni-sex thong, the prescribed garb of the Seattle Queen Anne metrosexual.

This should render the bad ju-ju harmless and return the rod back to fish hooking and landing. If this ceremony fails a good baptism of spawning chum slime would make it stink enough so that you would not mistake this rod for one of your preferred ones.

On a personal note, I had a bad benchrest rifle that I had bought from a fellow shooter, who bought it from another shooter, who got it from another shooter.... You'd have think I would have picked up on that mobility. It had accuracy issues, usually mid-group. I named the rifle "Christine", after the movie as it seemed truly evil. Shortly afterwards I sold it to a fellow shooter who also transferred it to another shooter.

#14 ·
Don't burn it! The smoke will infect your other rods!

There is an exorcism for rods possessed by demons. However, it is complicated and kind'a... well... messy. I can't reveal the exact procedure here but for the low, low price of $29.95 I will e-mail you the instructions. This is a limited, Internet Only Offer. But wait! If you PM me today, I'll include the instructions for a reel exorcism absolutely free.

PayPal accepted. (Not valid in Balonia, Elbonia or Madupia.)

#17 ·
I can see a problems for chickens in all of this.

Dead chickens hanging from door ways all over angler land.

Exorcism for wayward rods all over the place, due to Gene's generous on line offer.

If my credit cards were not all maxed out, I would send you the
$29.95 for that pesky 5 weight in my quiver.

#25 ·
Don't do it, Darth! Deliberately burning a Meiser is practically begging for Old Testament-level Divine Retribution!:mad:
It had been suggested that I donate it to a worthy cause, then I got to thinking, what could entail more karmic justice than a disabled vet donating a spey rod to a program specifically for taking out disabled vets flyfishing? Yup, I think PHW is gonna get themselves a Meiser.

G
#27 ·
Done with the rod, ever since I ETS'd and moved back here I have not brought a fish to hand with that rod. Either LDR'd or the rod breaks but can't seal the deal with it. My burkie, winston, and loop rods have all brought me steelhead, this rod is cursed. I can't get rid of it. I am seriously considering setting it on fire as a sacrifice to the anadromous fish gods.
Send it to me, I specialize in rod rebilitation it could take ten years or so but I promise to turn this cursed rod into a fish catching machine. all my rods have a positive mojo & are eager to preform!!!

G
#28 ·
It had been suggested that I donate it to a worthy cause, then I got to thinking, what could entail more karmic justice than a disabled vet donating a spey rod to a program specifically for taking out disabled vets flyfishing? Yup, I think PHW is gonna get themselves a Meiser.
thats a pretty kick ass idea!

Thank god im only a measily 30% disability from the VA, i am blessed to say i was not seriously injured in the service, like some of the unfortunates.

i too will keep in mind donating some gear as well

#29 ·
EBay is completed garbage. But it is one way to get rid of your junk or trash at home. If you can sell it dirt cheap and you're not losing any money. I say that is a win. All the stuff i've been selling in ebay is dirt cheap. I just feel better than stuff sitting in house collecting dust. A few bucks here and there adds up in the end. But i never expect to gain profit. I think ebay is more of garbage dump.

#30 ·
You're going to make their day...and a lot of good fishing karma is in your near future as a result! Nice work!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.