Status
Not open for further replies.

10' 7wt

Wanted 
Tags
7wt
2K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Kyle Smith 
#1 ·
I've got a trip to SE AK in 6 weeks. I am looking for a good small water steelhead rod to compliment and/or backup my 9' 8wt. Figured I'd see if anyone is looking to get rid of a 10' 7wt.

Looking to keep it in the $100-150 range, so nothing fancy but no Wal Mart types either.

Thanks!

#2 ·
If you decide to look new I believe the Echo Ion XL is available as a 10' 7wt and would be a decent back up.

It's kind of an apples to orange comparison, but I have a 10' 8wt original Ion and while it isn't a light rod it's survived numerous split shot hits, tree branches and catching big tropical saltwater fish.

#10 ·
I have a Chico era Powell Legacy Light 9 1/2' 7 weight 4 piece that I would let go for $180 shipped. It is in like new condition and I have never used it. Was built by Bob Windgren using Press Powell components and blue blank including seat and handle. Very nice medium fast action

#13 ·
I have been using an Ion original since it first came out. My 10'-6 wght. has become my go-to winter rod for big water.Its a very functional, durable,affordable rod which withstands the rigors of winter fishing. That said I am pretty certain I will grab an XL.
What will you be fishing for in Alaska?

#18 ·
Of course!

A buddy and I are flying to Ketchikan April 13, renting a lesbaru, and floating it over to Prince of Wales Island. We are renting two cabins on different creeks, also staying a couple nights at a place with electric/laundry/internet.

It will be a bit early, but with some searching we should find some steelhead in one of the many streams on the island.

If steelhead is a bust, I'm bringing a full dolly varden/SRC arsenal as well. They will be feasting on chum fry, and I'm pretty pumped about that.

Back to the land of Mothers Day caddis April 22nd.

#26 ·
Luckily this will be two 6' guys in forest service cabins for a week. We might gut a couple cutties for dinner. I think coming back will be tougher than it was for you lol.

You love the Predator. Most under rated rod in its class.
I've had the 890 since September. Thing is a beast with the big streamers! I'm hoping the 10' 7wt is a little more nymphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.