Beware the Sultan Tweeker car thieves!

I'm lucky I where I live. My truck(with all my gear in it) is rarely locked, even overnight in the driveway. Usually the keys are in it. I've never had a problem, nor any one I know. Admittedly, my truck probably sees more dirt roads than paved per year, but MY Washington is more like OMJ's Montana than most other parts of the state.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I'm lucky I where I live. My truck(with all my gear in it) is rarely locked, even overnight in the driveway. Usually the keys are in it. I've never had a problem, nor any one I know. Admittedly, my truck probably sees more dirt roads than paved per year, but MY Washington is more like OMJ's Montana than most other parts of the state.
If you get off the main roads here in Montana the other roads are all dirt or Gravel.

When I go fishing, like heading up to the upper Ruby. I can get about 5 miles of paved road and about 150 miles of dirt or gravel. I used to have 4 ply tires on my truck, they suck on roads other than the main roads. I now have 6 ply tires. A lot better on the back roads.

Washington State used to be a lot safer when parking in the woods. But that was in the 70's and 80's. After that I used to lock up my car. But being that it was a Subaru, the locks didn't keep the thieves out.

RogueBum

Spey casting for Steelies year round
I had my 1988 Nissan Sentra broken into with a flathead screwdriver. How do I know? They left it on the passenger seat while they stole my stereo, wallet, tapes & day planner. I know.... I'm an idiot for leaving my wallet in the car. But I'm more embarrassed about owning a day planner! It was the early 90's but still. No excuse will work for that.