Stickman Rods

Old Man

Just an Old Man
What's the rate of exchange between Euro's and Dollars. I went to the web site and the cheapest was 600 plus Euros. They probably make them in Europe someplace.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Never heard of them before, but considering how many rod mfg's/builders there are worldwide, that's of little surprise. Made in Hungary... getting any service could be challenging.

Porter

Love the ' Devil in the detail" part......because if you dont pay attention to the details and address them ...the devil creeps in ....and usually when you least expect it....all from your own doing of course!

Tired of breaking the low end Sage rods, are you? If you're going to spend that much on a rod, go back to Sage and buy a Motive or a Salt. At least you can get it repaired and won't have to pay any import duty to boot. Rolled in Spain and built in Hungary? I'd be afraid to drop a grand on something built that far away. It could take months to get a repair.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Not to worry about spending big bucks on a rod of any make anymore. I have what I need and don't seem to use any anymore. My get up and go seems to have got up and gone.

I first saw these touted on The Limp Cobra. Personally, I fail to see how they could be any better than my Scott 884M or any EXPENSIVE rod built by The great Tom Morgan. I agree with repair/replacement difficulties mentioned above. Most importantly, I have never had a trout refuse my fly because of the 'stick' in my hand.80% presentation...

Kyle Smith

DBA BozoKlown406
So many awesome rods made in the USA for the same price, by well established companies. I'd trust my money with Sage, Scott, Loomis, Orvis, T&T, Burkheimer, Winston, or even a high end Korean Hardy (they are worth it). I'm sure Stickman rods are good and all, but they haven't proven themselves in the US market.

You guys down there in Washington & Oregon have probably the best high end rod builder right in your neighborhood. CF Burkheimer. I have always been a Scott guy, but I do have 3 Burkies. Awesome rods. Beautiful craftsmanship & great actions. Prices are more reasonable than a Scott custom shop rod. If you are going to spend the money on a premium rod, they are well worth a look.

dogsnfish

You guys down there in Washington & Oregon have probably the best high end rod builder right in your neighborhood. CF Burkheimer. I have always been a Scott guy, but I do have 3 Burkies. Awesome rods. Beautiful craftsmanship & great actions. Prices are more reasonable than a Scott custom shop rod. If you are going to spend the money on a premium rod, they are well worth a look.
So true. Great people to deal with, and single or two-hand, they make fantastic rods.