Quick primer for the believers in AGW.

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
They changed the banner's title when they got caught manipulating data. Not wanting to limit the opportunity to leverage any changes to our climate, to further drive political agenda's, they cleverly now call it climate change... which takes place with or without us bi-peds. Until they can figure out how to mandate everyone take the oath of allegiance, the free people of the world will continue to make up their own minds on the subject. And you are correct, about the current administration.
You are WRONG on the history, again. Not that facts and evidence matter to some, here are the facts: https://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-change-global-warming.htm.
Steve

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Last edited:
As has been pointed out already in this thread (have a problem with facts?), "climate change" has been part of the vocabulary since the beginning. "Climate change" is a better description of the totality of changes: faster rate of increase in atmospheric temperatures, increased acidity of the ocean, alterations to global weather, and faster increases in sea level. Perhaps you should send a resume to the current administration; knowledge and understanding of the fundamental science need not apply.
Steve
Climate Adapter says:

Silly you. Isn’t it now officially called “Climate Change Denial”, as opposed to “AGW Denial”? It’s much, much easier to skewer a Climate Change Denier (Which is as absurd as a “Sun Comes Up In the Morning Denier”).

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/16/donald-trumps-election-bodes-will-for-epa/

Last edited:

freestoneangler

Climate Adapter says:

Silly you. Isn’t it now officially called “Climate Change Denial”, as opposed to “AGW Denial”? It’s much, much easier to skewer a Climate Change Denier (Which is as absurd as a “Sun Comes Up In the Morning Denier”).

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/16/donald-trumps-election-bodes-will-for-epa/

Yes indeed. Hopefully the EPA hijacking will come to an end and the agency will once again be conducting business that serves all of America. It's purpose/mission is important to our nation and the world, but not when it becomes a weapon for advancing political power and the environmental special interests.

In the last couple of decades, the agency has gone rogue and their tone echo's perfectly the statement Gina McCarthy made. Also as mentioned in the article, Climate Change has indeed become a religion. It is also interesting that they shun and attempt to excommunicate those that do not follow in lock-step... the very things they condemn other religions for.

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
It does indeed have overtones of the phrase "Blasphemer!", doesn't it!:eek: But that appears to be how the left works-ad hominem attacks, which we've seen plenty of even here.

freestoneangler

To be clear, I do believe the EPA has done some very good work, since its formation under the Nixon administration, on behalf of us Joe Public's. The flip side to the EPA going overboard, as I believe they have in the last couple decades, is the absence of any countering oversight to industry and their tendency to shat all over us. There is plenty of history showing industries not being good stewards of the environment. Finding balance and not allowing the presiding decision makers to overreach is always a challenge. Republican, Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, whatever, the fish we love to pursue live in very cool environments we want to see maintained for everyone's enjoyment for as long as we possibly can... that I'm quite certain is something we all agree on.

Klickrolf

Thank you!
Read and learn, our most highly paid "climate" scientists still can't (won't) address the real problems of thier hypothesis but they will continue to adjust global temps. The raw data tells a completely different story, atmospheric CO2 has almost "NOTHING" to do with surface temps. Believe what you will but the science isn't settled and the warming is subsiding, inconveniently!
http://climatechangedispatch.com/wh...-global-warming-and-became-a-climate-skeptic/

http://canadafreepress.com/article/antarctica-continues-to-baffle-alarmists#

GorgeTony

Rolf, you work (own?) at a fucking gas station. You denying AGW is directly related to your lifestyle. Do you not see the irony in this? How is this any different from your (false) opinion that climate change scientists are corrupt?

Your scientific understanding is absolutely laughable.

Steelhead need specific ocean conditions to fulfill their life cycle. Why risk losing a species that we all hold dear just because you're afraid to admit you're ignorant and wrong?

The danger of not accepting the science is great. The danger of accepting it is nil. Why don't we listen to people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about?

Rolf, you work (own?) at a fucking gas station. You denying AGW is directly related to your lifestyle. Do you not see the irony in this? How is this any different from your (false) opinion that climate change scientists are corrupt?

Your scientific understanding is absolutely laughable.
Maybe, but I doubt it. As soon as we all stop using cars or trucks to take us fishing or to work we'll have demonstrated that we believe, and please, don't say you have no choice! I don't believe CO2 harms our planet, I do believe CO2 drives our planet's productivity and more is better and less is WORSE.

Here's a little levity for you GT.

I know what you think but I'm confident my sources are more accurate than yours.

Here's some more stuff you won't agree with:

Last edited:

freestoneangler

They simply cannot find their way around the hypocrisy of their stated positions vs. physical actions. They condemn mining and other extractive industries and fossil fuel industries yet the same folks gaze myopically in their jumbo-tron, type away on their favorite forums, Twitter and FB accounts, and call the repairman when the house thermostat starts acting up.

Good video clips btw. Why did Venus go into "runaway greenhouse"... who caused that? These folks have some explaining to do.

trekers.jpg

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
well, what we really have here is actual science; peer-reviewed and solid, versus the absolute panic of truly illiterate snowflakes. Ben Shapiro asks what they want us to do, revert to the year 1850? I, for one, refuse. It's business as usual. "Global warming" is bullshit, but in their defense, today's snowflakes completely lack any analytical training or critical skills, as said skills run afowl of the propaganda spewed by my former colleagues at the University-as in "if you don't agree with me, you fail the course". I've seen it personally, unfortunately. One reason for retiring. They all want to be politicians, and to me, the only good "politician" is a dead one.