12+ HOUR report for whidbey for monday

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by bhudda, Aug 7, 2007.

1. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Home Page:
    took the second ferry over in the morning and started at bush point with 50 buzz bombers as company. they look at ya like you just escaped from the zoo:) anyways , after watching for a10 minutes i knew i could cast with the best of 'em. started peeling out line on the 6/7 spey and did a roll cast to get the head out, one guy says " you cant catch any fish this close in" , 3 seconds later after the overhead lift they dropped their jaws:) had a good time talking with the guys and they gave up some spots on whidbey i never even knew about, ofcourse you can look at a map, but from the horses mouth is always good, so took some mental notes, moved up to fort casey, say another guy w/ a single hander, we were fishing an insane rip current but nadda to show, picked up and moved south again to a couple spots and then my buddy called around 1ish and im heading to possesion pt. to jump in the boat. need i say anymore:) if your in a boat and cant get fish thats pretty sorry! got into a hatchery coho that was about 18in. let him go i dont know why? then a sea lice infested src that was lookin pretty healthy, at this point my buddy who slangin gear says hes interested in flyfishing:) he didnt think you could catch fish that close to shore, he wanted 80 to 100 feet deep i wanted no more then 20, he agreed and we caught fish he got into more rockfish then salmon, even a small ling. ata bout' 7ish boats were coming from every direction, one other flyguy trolling a streamer was gettin hook ups and the other boats were hookin up about every 10 - 15 minutes with something as long as they were moving, the soakers were pullin dogfish after dogfish. had a great time on the water with my friend, soon after i was on the ferry togo back to the dogpound waiting for me:) honey was pretty upset i was out for so long. oh yeah , haha ...lots a bait around... GET SOME!

2. Riane

Riane Mouse doctor

Cool, nice report Jeffrey. I need to get out to the salt to work on my overhand cast. Which 6/7 Spey ya using?

3. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Home Page:
    Dr. Brian, im using a Lamiglass 12.6ft 6/7 with a 450skagit and type 3 or t14 depending on current. get out there while its hot but not insane like it will be in 10 days or so.

4. agent montana

agent montana This Must be a sickness!! MARINATE!!!

SWEEET!!!!