Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Nail in the coffin?

Tags
in
8K views 127 replies 19 participants last post by  Ian Horning 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Trip: Thanks for sharing and I will certainly write/call in every way I can to help the situation. But, please remember that this is still a bandaid to the reality of Global Warming!

#6 ·
Maybe this was mother natures plan all along. Species have dwindled and gone extinct over the millennia's. The hysteria is amusing, I'll give you that.
Yep, they have so why should we even bother trying to stop it. You are spot on freestoneangler, it is going to happen anyway, so lets just let it happen. I think we should follow this logic to ourselves as well. I say stop funding research into disease control, vaccines, cancer cures, etc... All those things are just natures way of eliminating humans as a species. We should also dwindle and go extinct, good call freestoneangler, good call. :rolleyes:

#12 ·
When I read what you wrote Rob, I think what you meant is perfectly clear. I think what is less clear is your interpretation of sarcasm that you inspired. However, what I meant to say here and what I said here is severely inhibited by a wish to be civil and cordial. But damn its a struggle............. hurry Sept..........

#17 ·
Yes, you are far below what would be considered average combined annual income of the middle class which is approximately $74,000.00. What would that average income have looked like if it had kept up with the top 1%? That income would be at $156,000.00. What segment of society generates the most money in the form of taxes to the federal government? The middle class. Now if that tax money collected on the middle class had also increased with wages to match the top 1% and applied, even partially, to the national debt there would be no national debt.

#23 · (Edited)
I explained this to you once in detail and this was your answer:

"That sucks... as do most things on a relative basis since FDR"

One thing I look forward to is an eagerly awaited, resignation, announcement! I am willing to not vote Republican or Democrat and help in every way possible to elect people who care about people and our environment and are not Corporate puppets!

Reactions: Irafly
#24 · (Edited)
I explained this to you once in detail and this was your answer:

"That sucks... as do most things on a relative basis since FDR"

One thing I look forward to is an eagerly awaited, resignation, announcement! I am willing to not vote Republican or Democrat and help in every way possible to elect people who care about people and our environment and aren not Corporate puppets!
Well at least he manhandled North Korea properly and let China know whoes Boss.

I would vote for anyone who didn't want to control people's lives. Aka ANTIFA and BLM

#26 ·
Well at least he manhandled North Korea properly and let China know whoes Boss.

"manhandled properly"

Reactions: dfl
#27 ·
... he manhandled ... properly...[? ]

According to Rob, the only solution was Nuclear. Did we bomb N. Korea? And, what about China?

Actually, I think right now the efforts are to quickly snuff the fires and bombs a certain arsonist and terrorist, Orange Top, keeps setting.

#29 ·
There you go again making assumptions.
manhandling = nukes great jump in conclusions there.

Lets look at the word ..

manhandled... please notice the end of the word, manhandled<-----<< see the ED at the end, that indicates the use of the past tense form of the verb, meaning it has already happened..

seeing as how 1. no nukes were used and 2. it happened in the past there is no logical way to come to the conclusion that i meant Trump did a good job of nuking North Korea..

What he did do was play hardball with a dictator who continually threatens the United States and our allies. and he won.

you don't have to like it but that is what happened.

actually he was playing hardball with China and China told North Korea what to do but what matters is that they thought he was serious and acted accordingly

This is what Obama should have done to Putin in Syria.

#44 ·
Dude, I have a BS in International Relations from the best school in the nation for that subject. I know what a diplomatic success is, and I know when somebody appropriates news to make it sound like he was responsible. This was the latter of the two.

You get your information from who knows where, but certainly not from unbiased sources.

#45 ·
Dude, I have a BS in International Relations from the best school in the nation for that subject. I know what a diplomatic success is, and I know when somebody appropriates news to make it sound like he was responsible. This was the latter of the two.

You get your information from who knows where, but certainly not from unbiased sources.
The facts are not in dispute you just interpret them differently.

Your degree does not make you right.

#49 ·
I'll admit that Trump isn't the most sane president in our history. He however as far from a lunatic. There is a difference between being insane and you not liking him!

He is not my favorite president but I love the fact that he is breaking down the false narrative that the democratic party, being swayed by the very far left has been laying down for the last 15 years.

and the leftists only reply to being forced to deal with reality is to scream NAZI! or HATE! or RACE from the top of their lungs. They are simply wrong and want to take as many good people down with them as they can.

#53 ·
I am not doubting your concern just am very frustrated I can't see your video!

#55 ·
They say people who routinely point out their credentials more likely than not are lacking in them. Is that esteemed institution where you learned the use of "Dude"?
My credentials are real, and I don't really give two sh1ts what you think about that, or me. But you already know that.
They say people who routinely point out their credentials more likely than not are lacking in them. Is that esteemed institution where you learned the use of "Dude"?
Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, BSFS 1981, b1tch.

#65 ·
My credentials are real, and I don't really give two sh1ts what you think about that, or me. But you already know that.

Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, BSFS 1981, b1tch.
Your last salvo not only reinforces my point but says you really do give two shits and care.

#57 ·
Fact.. north Korea is governed by a lunatic that routinely threatens it's neigbors and has been continually allowed to starve his people while developing offensive missile technology and nuclear weapons.
Donald Trump got sick of it and called their bluff his comments made China rein in Uni.
Rob,

How about we take an objective look at the difference between a "fact" and an "opinion?" We can speak loosely of KJU as a lunatic, but that is an opinion and not verified as a fact. In fact, you could have a dozen psychiatrists review tapes and other information about KJU, and they would probably agree that he exhibits a lot of signs of mental instability, but that would not make it a "fact" that KJU is a lunatic. It would be an informed opinion. And if you read up on the information available about KJU, you too, might have an informed opinion about KJU's mental capacity. But none of that would make it a "fact" that KJU is a lunatic. In order to make that an admissible fact, KJU would have to be personally evaluated by more than one psychiatrist who would certify that KJU satisfies the psychological criteria for being a lunatic or whatever other mental label you want to apply. The difference between facts and opinions are IMPORTANT, and you routinely indicate that you do not understand that difference.

The objective evidence does exist that establishes that KJU has threatened other countries, like SK, Japan, and the US, and likely starves some of his people, and he has developed weapons capability. Because there is documentation, you can call those facts instead of opinions. Notice the difference?

Similarly, it is a fact that Trump made counter-threats to KJU, but it is NOT a fact that those comments made China rein in KJU. It is possible, perhaps even probable, but it isn't established by irrefutable evidence that Trump's remarks caused China to do anything. State Department types and the military have long known that China prefers and desires the status quo of NK and SK because NK serves as a communist buffer between SK and China. Other than that, NK is mainly a pain in the ass to China. It is not known as a "fact" that China will or will not defend NK, but there has been an understanding since the Korean War cease fire in 1953 that China would more likely than not defend NK if it were attacked by SK and or the US, just as there has been an understanding that the US would defend SK if it were attacked by NK and or China. I think (different from a "fact") that it is only since the reign of KJU and his apparent mental instability that China has given hints that it would defend NK only if it were attacked, but not if NK attacks another country first.

You would enhance your credibility if you more carefully differentiated your "facts" and "opinions."

Sg

#58 · (Edited)
So you are saying i sm perfectly qualified to work for the DNC?

Ok replace lunatic with international law breaker and threat.

The main point is that over half a century of trying talks and sanctions nothing has changed. Diplomacy has failed, it failed decades ago but people are so brainwashed to be anti war that they refuse to stand up for what's right.
Anything warlike is inherently wrong. That mentality is BS.

#59 ·
Rob,

Or the RNC; neither has a monopoly on alt facts.

Regarding international laws, specifically what law has KJU broken? There are very few laws that are actually enforceable in the international community, given that nations more or less routinely invade other countries and wage war with impunity. There are established "international law of the sea" that I claim no familiarity with, and there is the 3-mile limit and 200-mile economic zone limits enforced off the shores of most nations. But I can't think of any international law that KJU has violated. Threatening other nations is pretty common over the years.

So while diplomacy and sanctions have failed to produce the desired outcome in NK, are you saying that war with NK is necessary to achieve what is right? By the way, what is "right" in your opinion, because I doubt that what your opinion of "right" is shared as a commonly accepted "fact" by people who understand the difference between facts and opinions. Just trying to help you have an educational moment here, despite your apparent general disdain for education.

Sg

#61 ·
I agree about the RNC.

I do not agree that right and wrong is subjective.

I hope that war in NK never becomes necessary.
I think our best course of action is to insite a revolt.

The United Nations Commission of Inquiry on Human Rights in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (COI), set up by the Human Rights Council (HRC), issued a report in 2014 documenting extermination, murder, enslavement, torture, imprisonment, rape, forced abortion, and other sexual violence in North Korea. It concluded that the "gravity, scale and nature of these violations reveal a State that does not have any parallel in the contemporary world."
On December 10, 2015, the UN Security Council added the human rights situation in North Korea to its formal agenda, marking two years in a row, in line with a COI recommendation. The HRC and the UN General Assembly have both suggested that the Security Council consider referring the situation to the International Criminal Court (ICC).
yongyang's record of cooperation with UN human rights mechanisms remains among the worst in the world. Since 2013, its human rights record has been the subject of more focused UN attention than ever before, including at the Human Rights Council and Security Council, as detailed above.

Japan continues to demand the return of 12 Japanese citizens whom North Korea abducted in the 1970s and 1980s. Some Japanese civil society groups insist the number of abductees is much higher. South Korea has also stepped up its demands for the return of its citizens, hundreds of whom were reportedly abducted during the decades after the Korean War. The North Korean government has also kidnapped individuals from China, Thailand, Europe, and the Middle East.

On September 21, the HRC held a plenary panel on the situation of human rights in North Korea, addressing international abductions, enforced disappearances, and other alleged crimes.

From October 20 to 26, the two Koreas organized reunions of 186 families separated during the Korean War, the first such reunions since February 2014.

In January 2015, United States President Barack Obama issued an executive order imposing sanctions following the hacking of Sony's computers in late 2014, allegedly by groups connected to North Korea. The US sanctions on North Korea included a human rights clause for the first time.

With just a basic understanding of North Korean leadership( that is all that is necessary to determine the truth) I say without any reservation whatsoever that it is a matter of fact that toppling Uni would be a good thing. It is NOT a matter of opinion. It is disingenuous at best or flat out evil at worse to suggest that this is a matter of opinion.

if being open minded means leaving this guy in power to terrorize his people and the rest of the world. well then being open minded is not something to aspire to.

#60 ·
As much as I dislike Steve Bannon, even the devil speaks the truth every once in awhile. The first consideration in a war with NK is to ask how many casualties would be acceptable in Seoul? 1 million? 3 million? 5 million? This will happen within 10 to 20 minutes of a war starting using conventional weapons currently aimed at the city.

Talk is cheap. Reality is deadly.

#62 ·
As much as I dislike Steve Bannon, even the devil speaks the truth every once in awhile. The first consideration in a war with NK is to ask how many casualties would be acceptable in Seoul? 1 million? 3 million? 5 million? This will happen within 10 to 20 minutes of a war starting using conventional weapons currently aimed at the city.

Talk is cheap. Reality is deadly.
Actually talk has lead to a very expensive reality. We need to get Uni's military leaders to turn against him. China is in the best position to make a change in NK. that's where we need to focus our political power. China needs to play hardball with NK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.