Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Lenice... Wahoo fishing time is here!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  PezVela 
#1 · (Edited)
So, here it is, I have been waiting all winter!

Now, the open was good, just as in years past, no secrets. It was cold, it rained, and fish were caught. The best part is the people I haven't seen since last year that love the same thing, still water openers.

Water temp is 39 degrees on my Garmin, the fish are averaging 15-17 inches, but healthy. Visibility is about 5 feet. They are some nice chironomid hatches happening but small, when you pump it is mostly winter feed (daphnia ? Sorry about spelling ).

There is a fly club from clark and Skamania county here. About 18 camping rigs here now (Friday night).

Tight lines and Cheers!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I saw you guys over on the north side... bailing the fish! Great fun... until the wind came up. What was the story on the guy that turned his boat over? Pretty chilly 43* water for a swim! Sorry I didn't go over and introduce myself.
I was part of the CSF group (trouble makers) and we sure caught a bunch of fish in the 2 1/2 days I was there. Seemed like any white bugger, or leech would work... Most of the rainbows (anyone catch a brown or tiger?) were the 12" to 16" size, but fat, solid, good fight fish! One of the guys got a 19" holdover... nice fish.

Water Plant Watercraft Boat Plant community
Vertebrate Salmon-like fish Rectangle Fish Fishing
Plant Plant community Sky Branch Natural landscape

#7 ·
Had a fantastic day today! Was there with my son, Adam and met up with my buddy Wayne. Weather could not have been better for opening weekend, well, at least today. Wayne killed it, as usual. However, there was a guy anchored up in his favorite spot, and that guy was putting on a clinic on how to catch fish with the 'mid rig.
It was Adam's first time here, he also had a great day and managed to net several fish and is looking forward to going again. OP next weekend and then back to Lenice in two weeks. I heard LE was there this morning and issued a citation or two. Don't forget to pinch those barbs! I just love getting to spend fishing time with my son and favorite fishing partner, what an awesome day. Looking forward to many more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.