Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Roper crosses over to the dark side...

Tags
roper to
1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  David Loy 
#1 ·
Weather report for yesterday looked great so I packed up Sunday night and hit Pass Lake on Monday. Morning shadows were still long over the lake when I hit the water, which is still hovering around 48 degrees. I threw on a fly that most closely resembled a @Tim Lockhart favorite, in hopes of matching his prowess on the lake.

Fat chance.

I drug several patterns all over the west half of the lake with only a single bump for all my effort. The only redeeming factor was the great weather and the warmth of the sun...and the occasional duck or merganser puttering around.

After a long overdue pit stop I grabbed my "bobbers and 'mids" thinking what the hell could it hurt. There was a steady light breeze on the lake that made staying put in the FishCat a bit of a challenge. But I managed to keep the line fairly straight and settled in to watch the bobber. All of a sudden it dove like it was made out of lead and I set the hook.

Fish on!

I could tell by the tug it was a good sized fish. After playing sit and spin I got it in the net and it looked to be around 16-17 inches and big shouldered. Another one just like the other one, a miss and then the bite died off. I played the game for another half hour and hunger got the better of me and I headed out.

@Irafly and @troutpocket would have been proud of me for sure.

Reptile Organism Scaled reptile Grey Mesh

Eye Human body Jaw Fish Whiskers

Hood Automotive lighting Wood Automotive tire Material property

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.