Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Tags
685 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Dave Boyle 
#1 · (Edited)
Fish Animal product Seafood Fish products Ray-finned fish
Sleeve Animal product Fish Fish products Denim
I decided to play hooky today after my fishing buddies noted it was to be a nice day and they were heading off to Lone. I tagged along and it was a good if unspectacular fishing day. I dragged around an olive bugger on a type 4 but got bored and went onto mids. Last time out a bloodworm tight to the bottom did the trick and given it was still cold I figured that was the away to. Fishing was steady for the first two hrs. or so with a fish being picked up every 10- 15 minutes. These fish were all a good size being hold overs from last yr.; they were typically fat and put up a good fight. Then the fishing slowed down and it was hard to get any consistent fishing. I was up the north end and rowed to the East side. Nothing on the troll across but picked up a couple more. I landed my one and only dink as I rowed back to the ramp.

Stand out fly was the bloodworm but also managed four fish on a black snow cone about 1' off the bottom so maybe the fish are starting to look up :) Most fish took a static dunk but got a few slowly retrieving too. Missed quite a few takedowns but that's the challenge of fishing 2 rods and drinking beer/eating sandwiches. A great day out.

Dave

Fin Grey Fish Seafood Marine biology
Gesture Grey Fish Wood Fin

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.