Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

washington narrows flyfisherman

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rockfish 
#1 ·
were framing a house on the water across from lions field and everyday I see flyfisherman out there, just wondering if anybodys on this forum there or catching anything, and I know where your all fishing ;)

#2 ·
My bro and I were out there at the buttcrack of dawn on Saturday. Didnt catch anything unless you count the 6 inch cutt I must've chance-hooked through the bottom of the mouth and nearly airmailed into the rocks behind me. Saw a few cutthroat slashing through the schools of chum fry that seem to be everywhere this day and age. Never a big fan of that area as I cant hook into anything fishy to save my life there. Silvers have been taken of the beach there as well.

Any more info needed drop me a PM

Jason

#3 ·
The place was a residence called "Docs" until it became "Narrows Park." The stretch of beach from Pt. Evans south to Pt. Fosdick has always been a prime producer of anadromous fish. Yesterday, for example, I caught a Puget Sound "grand slam" or "triple" or maybe "trifecta," if you will – a silver, a cutthroat and a blackmouth.

Leland.

#4 ·
My parents live right across from lions feild and have fished those water on both sides. I never thought that Lions was that great. There is not a lot of structure in the water. There are a few places that I would look into before I hit that area.

#7 ·
JWKitsap said:
My bro and I were out there at the buttcrack of dawn on Saturday. Didnt catch anything unless you count the 6 inch cutt I must've chance-hooked through the bottom of the mouth and nearly airmailed into the rocks behind me. Saw a few cutthroat slashing through the schools of chum fry that seem to be everywhere this day and age. Never a big fan of that area as I cant hook into anything fishy to save my life there. Silvers have been taken of the beach there as well.

Any more info needed drop me a PM

Jason
at least the one you caught finally put an end to you whining about the cold... :p

#10 ·
well my cousin just moved to the gig h. side of the narrows by willochet. there is a park nearby that we fished for a short time while looking for new access. saw a flyguy out there, he said no action' , the water and shore currents were awesome for swinging a fly! had a take but no cake, saw some fry like 2 feet off shore buzzing and rippin the seams. had a fish jump right in front of me no more then 5 feet in front, as i was making a long cast out. fished with a popper mostly.

#11 ·
sorry I scared u guys away that were fishing there, seems once I posted this nobody has been there fishing, talked to some guy trolling for cutts along the shore in a dingy and he said hes been catching them. everyday have been seeing small baitfish fish popping the water in schools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.