16lb rainbow..

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by sea, May 12, 2005.

1. sjterry

sjterry Sr. Lurker

Ive got that right. Although my time has unfortunatly not been spent fishing, I have only forced my self to watch a couple of games on TV this year. I don't know what the problem is, but Beltre and Sexon are way out on their front foot trying to pull everything. Boon really does seem to be having trouble seeing the ball, and Reed is just ok. The fishing is better than the baseball agin this year, even if I am not getting out and fishing that much.

2. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

Oh and the M's. Paying a karmic debt for the crappy way they treated Olerud. Needed room on the roster they said, but kept a non productive pinch hitter, can't remember his name and let John go for nothing. Insulting and bad business. Later they traded the pinch hitter for a high school prospect that didn't even sign with them. Olerud should have been allowed to play out the season, even on the bench. Now the M's will pay the price. They should dump Bavasi.

UW football went the same route. Barb lied to the coach (Lambright) and us right up to hiring Neuheisel, who had been lying to his players and colorado. That worked out well didn't it? Now Barb is gone, Neuheisel can't even get a job and UW has hired someone with character, but the program will still take years to rebuild.

3. Will Atlas

Will Atlas Guest

that fish is disgusting.
    PS-soccer sucks

4. Cam Heusser

Cam Heusser New Member

Bob, if they outlaw teams that spend a lot of money, the Mariners will be done too.

5. Dipsnort

Dipsnort New Member

Am I the only one who thinks that fish will be a fond memory for that kid until he's old and gray and that it may very well have hooked a future "fisherman for life"? Good for him!

I think a lot of us are imposing our "fly fishing elite" standards unnecessarily. :hmmm:

6. Willie Bodger

Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

yeah screw the elitism, that's an awesome fish for the kid! It'd be pretty fun on my little fenwick utra-lite set-up, though I'm not sure I could even pull it in if it decided just to become dead weight in the water...

7. Chris Allen

Chris Allen Member

I find myself getting a little elitist any time someone catches more or bigger fish than I do. That or throwing rocks seems to make me feel better.

8. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

I caught a steelhead that big once

9. troutfanatic

troutfanatic A day not spent wasted is.....wasted.

I have a friend that works at a upscale establishment in Redmond. Boone came in one day and paid for his services with a credit card. When asked to sign the receipt he said "no." When asked why not Boone replied "my signature is worth money." He finally signed with an "x."

What a pompous jackass. He isn't even that great of a ballplayer.

10. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

what a jumbled thread, someone shoot it! the real question is: could brett boone have landed that fish, and if he did would he hug it like the little kid?"

i agree with dipsnort on this one. Good for the kid. and not one guy on this forum would turn down a run or two with that fish if it was cruising at his feet, even if it was in a bathtub. Don't we all get the secret urge to grab rod from one of the kids at the TU tub at the fair? or is it just me? :p

11. troutfanatic

troutfanatic A day not spent wasted is.....wasted.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No and he would have charged the kid for a photo and personal appearance.

I would agree with Tony...I would love to hook into a fish that size.