Loomis two-handers

FT

luckybalbowa,

The only problem with Loomis making such great blanks and then putting finished rods out with poor cosmetics or thread wraps is that since Shimano bought them several years ago, only a limited number of blank models are available from them, and none of the GLX blanks can be had. I suspect if they were, Loomis would be selling blanks to people that are now passing them buy because of the finished rod price and the iffy cosmetics.

FT said:
since Shimano bought them several years ago, only a limited number of blank models are available from them, and none of the GLX blanks can be had.

I'm feeling your pain on this one. I really wish G-Loomis would offer their full line of blanks to the public, not necessarily because they have shoddy cosmetics, but rather because I prefer to finish my own rods, to give them more of a personal touch.

As of right now, the only loomis spey blank that I have found available is a 10wt IMX....

But, since a couple of months ago, GLX blanks are now available from their single handed models...

FT said:
luckybalbowa,

The only problem with Loomis making such great blanks and then putting finished rods out with poor cosmetics or thread wraps is that since Shimano bought them several years ago,..
Now that I didn't know; but answers why the Venture series of reels are branded under the Shimano name in the UK. One of the best $100.00 reels on the market.

speyfisher

How DO you justify $1000++ for a fly rod

I'm with Fred on that one. Nice they may be, (Hardy, Loomis, any production rod) these rod companies must think we are all doctors, lawyers, real estate agents or the like to throw money like that around. I passed by that Hardy Angel rod at last years Sandy Clave for that very reason.

The Loomis 15' 7/8 Grease liner was brought down to the river by someone else and ended up in a comparison cast off between it, a CND Soltace 15'-2" (mine) and a Meiser 15' Highlander. All casting the original XLT 7/8 line. These are all very nice rods. But I see no reason the Loomis should cost that much more than the others. None!

Big K1

Large Member
I really like the 16' 9/10. If I can find it for half the retail price I would pick it up. 15' 9/10 was nice to. Thanks Gene!