2009 Pink run

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by flyindaeye, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    Oh man this is gonna be FUN :D :D :D

2. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Man I hope so, but I'll believe it when I live it.

3. koolminx

koolminx Member

OK guy's, I've been fishing most of my life but this is my first time attempting to land some Salmon in the salt water by Fly.

Please help a poor bastage out and tell me exactly what to do in order to catch a couple!

I have several fly rods, Some from England I used on their lakes and Lochs, but never for this.

I am having a hard time thinking I can land a 9 or 10 lb salmon on a floating leader that's only 2 lb test for the first 12 to 14 inches, and I'm used to using size 18 and 20 hooks on my flies, sometimes size 22 without a friggin eyelet to tie to...

So tell me what type rod to grab, what type line, what type leader, what type fly and where the heck to go :) :)

I'm a 'weirgin' that needs a kick in the arse to get his fly career going! I'm also living in Gorst right near a lot of nothing....

Thanks!

Gary

4. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Quick hint. Hit Lion's Park in East Bremerton, outgoing tide, 2hrs past the top of the flood and 2 hrs each side of the bottom of the ebb. Gear: 4-6 wt rod, floating line, 9' tapered leader, size 14 to size 8 wet flies (shrimp and streamers or buggers) fish the seams. Start your casts BEFORE you step in the water. Depth: ankle deep to neck deep. Watch for surface sippers. PM me and maybe we can get together.

5. koolminx

koolminx Member

Awesome!

I have NO CLUE what most of what you said means, like "shrimp and streamers or buggers and fish in the Seams..." AND finally I think a surface sipper is a snorkling salmon wandering across the top just eating random flying stuff?

PM coming.