Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

2017 Swimmy all out Xmas bash!!!

NFR 
17K views 248 replies 39 participants last post by  junkie 
#1 ·
I realize it is early. Normally the Fall decor will stay up until week of Thanksgiving but with the foot of snow that fell over the last week, I just can't wait anymore. That stuff has been taken down, put away until next year, and now making the transition to the most wonderful time of the year!!

Exterior lights/decor won't go up until week of Thanksgiving but I will slowly inroduce interior pieces over the next several weeks. Yesterday I changed out the dining table centerpiece. I just threw together some stuff I had lying around and will probably change again early to mid December.

I also started working on the front door wreaths.

I can't wait to see 'em lit up!

Who else is getting started?

See less See more
#5 ·
Who else is getting started?
Looks nice! You lost weight since Halloween:D.

I dug-out my extensive outdoor lighting inventory & gave it to my Son - does that count? I may put a light string on the miniature Fir out front; that way I can decorate a real tree, but the needles stay outside & I don't have to water it . . .

#6 ·
Hahaha! I still have geraniums and impatiens in bloom on my patio! But I can't wait to see more Swimmy! I love decorating for Christmas but will wait until Thanksgiving weekend! Will post photos then.

#21 ·
Right on, Swimmy. I'll get some pics up soon of last year' decor. Started Nov1 this year with outdoor lights.

The build up to the most wonderful time of year is really what its about! What the hell else is there to do when it gets dark at 5:00?

Should I spiral wrap my trees or do individual branches? Asking for a friend.......lol

#27 ·
Trees are weak on this thread.....
Not sure posting a pic with colored lights helps your argument. Let me guess, you probably have a bunch of inflatable Santa's in the front yard. Amiright?

Yo Swimmy! Got any extra sleigh bells? I need to sew about four of 'em on my fishing pack so the bears hear me coming. Or perhaps you can recommend some that don't get all rusted out after one season...
I saw these last night at the fabric store. While I can't make any promises that they won't rust, they will look nice on your front door.

#35 · (Edited)
Just tinkering around
Actually, I visited every craft store in the area the other day looking for flower stamens used in artificial flower displays. I figured those might make for an inexpensive substitute of for crawfish/crab eyes. Alas - all those that I found had twisted paper stems, not plastic. Darn! They are most definitely less expensive however . . . I'll keep looking.

#32 ·
I'll likely kill a tree for Jesus. We usually do but not until December.
I'll be running guided Christmas Tree trips after Thanksgiving....free range, organic, fair trade shade grown old growth trees harvested from the banks of OP rivers, then dragged across fish redds.
Still got a few spots open......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.