NFR 2017 Swimmy all out Xmas bash!!!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Swimmy, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Swimmy

Swimmy Riffle > Run > Pool

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
    28 years ago today, a true holiday classic debuted.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  2. WonkyWapiti

WonkyWapiti Active Member

It was on the other night, I love watching it.

3. Jojo

Jojo Active Member

Thank you Buzzy but in truth I look forward to these Thursdays and I love the discussions! Both he and Jim went to Stanford (So we also talk about Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin) and though Chuck is physically slowing down he's very sharp. I enjoy talking with them so much!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Buzzy likes this.
  4. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Back when the neighborhood outdoor lighting competition was going on! In retrospect, we all should have sprung for a travelling trophy - "The Griswold" . . . with the losers chipping-in for the winner's Vegas vacation the following summer.

WonkyWapiti likes this.
  5. Buzzy

Buzzy Active Member

Have been feeling a little grinchy. Our daughter and her husband can't come home this year. Instead they brought a new baby into the world so we have a grandson. Thinking about this little seven week old bundle of cuteness, joy, love: decided to put up a tree. Santa's are on the buffet, the tree is in the front window. Feeling a little bit more like the spirit of Christmas.

IMG_2242.jpg

JACKspASS, Jojo, Swimmy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jojo

Jojo Active Member

IMG_1901.JPG Congratulations @Buzzy on being a grandparent!

We got a real Nordmann tree (a hybrid of a Noble ) and decorated this weekend. Even though i don't go overboard on the tinsel (as seen in photo 3) it still took me nearly 3 hours and i keep tweaking it. The last one shows the YouTube 4K HD fireplace on our TV with real crackling sounds. It totally cracks me up because it's kind of cheesy, but i love it and the sounds are so comforting in the morning. It's like a giant nightlight!

IMG_0071.JPG IMG_1905.JPG IMG_1895.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

Attached Files:

7. Jim Ficklin

Between @Jojo @Buzzy and @Swimmy , I don't have to put up a tree or decorate - I just posted a few photos of your efforts. Thanks!:D . . .

Very nice.

Edit: I DO have a cozy fire in the pellet stove insert most days ;) . . .

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Jojo, Buzzy and Swimmy like this.
  8. Swimmy

Swimmy Riffle > Run > Pool

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
    @Buzzy congrats. You know what they say "grandchildren give you a second chance to do things better cause they bring out the best in you."

@Jojo I love it. I'd enjoy drinking hot tea while singing carols in front of your 4k tv. "just hear those sleigh bells ringing, jing jing, jing-aling"

JACKspASS, Jojo, Buzzy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jim Ficklin

Indeed! Pursuant to my Darling Daughter's doctor appointment this morning, I may be blessed to experience this treasured opportunity this week! I haven't been this excited since my own Kids were born!

Jojo and Buzzy like this.
  10. Buzzy

Buzzy Active Member

Thanks Jo! My wife and I are really happy for our daughter and beyond happy for us!

Naomi lives in an apartment in Japan so no chance for a fireplace and real fire, she's likes to have a fire burning on her HDTV screen :D (and they do have a Christmas tree (about 2.5 feet tall of the put it in a box when you're done variety).

Jim - having a grandson is the most exciting thing and joyous event in more than 39 years (sort of dates our kid!). Keep me (or WFF) posted!

Pat

Skip Enge, Jim Ficklin and Jojo like this.
  11. Jojo

Jojo Active Member

@Buzzy have you gotten to Facetime with your grand boy yet? What did they name him? Are you buying him a fly rod for Christmas? :)

As a military brat i lived in Camp Zama for nearly 5 years. You could never buy a good Christmas tree and of course, no fireplace.

12. Skip Enge

Skip Enge Active Member

Just bought a glow in the dark race track for my grandsons...Gavin is 5, tyler is 11...Tyler will play with him...It's a present they can play with together and get them away from all the digital stuff they seem to spend most of their time with...CA kids...moved just north of Denver...a different environ for sure!...guess my sled I gave the oldest years ago might get used...a Radio Flyer given me as a baby by my grandpa...wood burned message on the underneath side...and it doesn't say "rosebud" Ha!

Jojo and Buzzy like this.
  13. Buzzy

Buzzy Active Member

Haven't done any facetime yet. That's coming. We've gotten a half dozen video's where this little guy is "chatting". Can't get enough of that! And no, not fly rod yet for Keiji. Yet!

Jojo likes this.
  14. Jojo

Jojo Active Member

IMG_1910.PNG @Buzzy , since this is @Swimmy 's thread and this has to do with fashion i thought you might want to get this for your new grandboy for Christmas.... (that is if Swimmy approves!).... :)

Buzzy likes this.
  15. Jojo

Jojo Active Member

You could take the bobber off! Clearly that doesn't belong.

Buzzy likes this.