Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Early Sept destinations Idaho / E. Oregon

643 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Nooksack Mac 
#1 ·
I have the week after Labor Day free to fish and am looking to explore Central Idaho or Eastern Oregon. Fishing moving water is a must I will however be land locked as I don't have a boat or toon. My preliminary thoughts on Idaho are the Middle or South Fork of the Salmon; for Oregon maybe the Owyhee (sp?). I know very little about Eastern Oregon accept rumors of spring creeks in the middle of nowhere. Not looking for any secrets. Thanks for your help!!

#3 ·
I'd spend a few days in the Big Wood River valley, perhaps based in Ketchum or Sun Valley. Fish Silver Creek, the prototype of great American spring creeks, 32 miles s/se, or the Big Wood itself. Then go 60 miles north to Stanley. Fish the upper Salmon, or its forks on downstream day trips. Hike to some of the many alpine lakes in the Sawtooth or White Cloud wildernesses. Drive home, making plans to retire there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.