special permit deadline apprroaching

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
Thanks for the kick in the pants, Josh. I have my wish list but it got buried and I probably woulda
missed the deadline if not for your notice.

I'm putting in for a couple muzzleloader elk permits and a few bighorn sheep hunts.

Not getting my hopes up, but it's fun to dream.

I only put in for 1 deer hunt, point only as next choice, point for elk, moose, sheep.
baby on the way=very limited hunting opportunity for me this year.

I heard something from a friend about a Mount Saint Helens hunt for antlerless elk. I cannot, however, confirm this in the regs or on the WDFW web site. It was pubished in the Times a few days (weeks?) ago.

Supposedly 1700 tags available. Does anyone have any details as I am unable to find any?

Thanks in advance.

WooHoo, three elk tags for black powder, six for modern, and three for archery, and three for a general drawing, the nates get the other half of the 30 bull permits for the nook-sack herd.

Daryle

Itchy Dog

Some call me Kirk Werner
special permit deadline approaching

Canoe Rider,

If you go to the WDFW site and download the regs pamphlet, under Elk Seasons and Permits, starting on page 36 it shows a listing of new permits for GMUs in the St. Helens area. Maybe this helps. The WDFW isn't known for making it easy to find info.

I heard something from a friend about a Mount Saint Helens hunt for antlerless elk. I cannot, however, confirm this in the regs or on the WDFW web site. It was pubished in the Times a few days (weeks?) ago.

Supposedly 1700 tags available. Does anyone have any details as I am unable to find any?

Thanks in advance.