Cooking Question

Hmm, I'll have to give that one a try.

How big, generally, must a fish be to fillet it. Don't really get bones in a fillet, right?
you can fillet a 4 inch fish if you want to. A razor sharp fillet knife with a flexable blade is key. Try practicing on a few dozen 4'' - 6'' perch, you'll be a filleting machine once you get through them.

Lex Story

Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek
Filleting a fish still leaves pin bones.
You can remove the pin bones with tweezers as stated earlier in this thread but its a pain in the ass.
Another way to remove the bones safely is to hot smoke the fish or steam it in a Chinese preparation. After you smoke or steam a trout you can avoid the pin bones by easily peeling away the skin and flaking the flesh away from the lateral line (which demarcates the pin bones) with a fork.
I catered an event where I served smoked trout canapes for 200 guests and never ran into a pin bone after preparing it this way, lucky? no, just skill and attention to detail.

Cheers,

-Lex

Maybe I was thinking of something else entirely.
DeBone or not DeBone that is a ?
Didn't yo moma teach ya to chew ya food? Then wash it down with some cold swil (Animal beer)
TGIF. I'm going fishing come hell or high water.
OH I buy my fish per boned.

The thread says Cook ?

Maybe I was thinking of something else entirely.
DeBone or not DeBone that is a ?
Didn't yo moma teach ya to chew ya food? Then wash it down with some cold swil (Animal beer)
TGIF. I'm going fishing come hell or high water.
OH I buy my fish per boned.

The thread says Cook ?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: